Saturday, December 18, 2010

A few major changes

I really should have wrote earlier. Within the past week and a half, I had given Daylan and ultimatum (move back to FL with me or you can be single in TX) but for right now, I will write about something else that happened.

About a week ago, Daylan's grandfather was talking about starting a Waffle House chain out here. The closest store is quite a few hours away in any direction. It would be yet another thing for his grandfather to have to keep him busy (even though he has retired for quite a number of years). I think the man just needs a real hobby. Anyway, the idea was a good idea but he never did it.

Instead, he bought a local restaurant that was for sale. That man spent an insane amount of money on a single restaurant. It wasn't that it wasn't doing well. It was just the owner came into some money from a relative dying and didn't want to be in the business. Yeah. So this person came into money....twice. I want to be her! Anyway, his grandfather wants Daylan because he is the only one who has had long term food experience, and management experience at that.

His plan here is to just move me back to FL, but he will get the money back soon anyways. He isn't sure if he is going to be the General Manager because he hasn't spoken to his grandfather yet. We don't know who is inside. However he is still going to ask for $2,500 a month with benefits. That would be $30,000 a year. From what I understand, it would be 6am-5pm Monday through Friday. They aren't open past five. Saturday is 6am-noon. He would have every Sunday off. That is 61 hours a week. He doesn't want to quit Sonic altogether, so he is going to ask to step down and be a crew leader. Even if he gets crew leader pay and works 20hrs a week, it would be an extra $8,000 a year. I'm not fond of him working that many hours, but I won't be there. It will keep him from spending money if he is always at work, with the exception of Sunday. He won't have to worry about groceries anymore LOL.

He still wants to pay for my cable/internet bill and to pay for my dvr so that I can record my programs and still have the internet to talk to him. Now it is just a matter of my finding a job and a place to live in FL.

I'm not fond of this idea. In fact, I am against this idea but it will be more money than he is making now. I would rather he move with me. It looks better. It sounds better and I have to be in FL. The thing is, none of this is set in stone yet. It really depends on what his grandfather will offer him. He isn't going to screw Daylan over, but it all depends on what they can agree to. If Daylan doesn't like it, then we just need to find him a good job in FL. The problem is, I don't think we will find a job that will pay what he wants to earn. ::sigh:: It's still all up in the air right now. We will see if the ultimatum will have to be null and void. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment