Sunday, December 12, 2010

Should I plug his nose?

Right when I am thinking that I could go to sleep (even though I've only been awake for ten hours), I came to the sudden realization that it may not be an option.



You know, it's a good thing I keep the laptop by my bed and we have a tv in our bedroom. Daylan's snoring would definitely keep me awake. What's weird is he rarely snores, and he never snores this loudly. He hasn't been complaining about not feeling good. I swear, this reminds me of my dad.

I hated having to sleep in a hotel with my parents. It was one thing having my bedroom on the other side of the house. I could hear him snore even then, but being in the same room was horrendous. I might as well just stay up all night. It never surprised me when Mom created her own bedroom in the spare room. She would have gone insane otherwise.

I am definitely thinking that I will sleep in the living room tonight. I have a feeling that if I nudge him on the side that he will continue to snore. However if I do, he may roll over on his side and I would be free of this nightmare and can sleep in my own bed. I seriously made a recording on my phone. It's loud enough to give me a headache. It's a good thing he is just snoring from his nose. The walls would shake if he were to snore from his mouth like my dad did.

The sad thing is I thought I had a victory just now. I made the sure the light on my laptop got in his eyes. His eyes popped open immediately and I made him roll over. I figured I could listen to the peaceful sounds of Blue Planet while I went to sleep, but it just doesn't seem to be an option tonight. I am beginning to feel like my mom as I take an aspirin, a pillow and blanket to the couch.

I really should invest in ear plugs....

No comments:

Post a Comment