Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cheating the system a little

A few days ago I went and had my hair done. I needed to have it cut but I decided it would be good to get a deep conditioner. Daylan and I went into the mall so I could have Michael so my hair. Normally he just gives me a hair cut, but my hair could use a bit of extra TLC. I had always gone to my beauty school for extra stuff so I forgot just how expensive having a salon do your hair can be. A shampoo, deep conditioner, hair cut, blow-dry/flat iron with a 20% discount was $60! What the hell?!? The hair cut was really good, but he thinned my hair out entirely too much.

I have very fine hair, I just happen to have a whole lot of fine hair. It usually means that my hair falls flat. I asked him to trim up my layers and texture to them so that they would blend more easily. Instead, he pulled out the razor and started shaving my hair. Normally I am very trusting of the person who is working on my head and I really liked the look until he was putting the flat iron to my hair. I noticed parts along my forehead that were shaved and sticking straight out. It was like I had the pink streaks in my hair all over again and that was where my hair broke off. When I ran my fingers through my hair, I was astonished with how THIN my hair was. I am not exaggerating when I say that half of the thickness of my hair has disappeared. While my hair is shiny and healthy, I can't help but feel resentful for the outcome.

The kind I want is similar to this because I can clip it in and take it out whenever I want. No glues, no  strings, no knots. You do three layers in the back and two layers on both sides of the face.


I did go and treat myself to some stuff to make myself feel better. I went into Victoria Secrets and bought five bras and four pairs of lace underwear for $99. Each bra is normally $55 and I got it for $15. I got a flat iron for $99, which is supposedly $275. Now I don't know if this is true. The website doesn't say much. Various sites say $55. One says $376. I think I got screwed a little, but it curled my hair and it flattened it again. The videos on youtube seem to show happy customers, and these are from black women, so in the end I guess a flat iron is a flat iron. I also got some colored extensions since I don't want to bleach my hair. I got hot pink, light pink and purple from Hot Topic. I had been eyeing them for as long as I could remember, I just wish the comb had a clip so they would stay in. Instead I have to use a clip to try to keep the extension in.

What I am looking for is normal extensions. I was going to get some for the wedding so I could have the fullness to pull off the look I want, but now it seems like getting the clip-in extensions will be the only way for my hair to get that fullness back. I saw a tutorial on youtube where a girl got a brand of hair called Remy by http://hellogorgeoushairextensions.com/ The only problem is, 1/2lb of hair for the length I am thinking about is $200. Of course it is human hair, but they are supposed to put more hair in for added thickness. I want to definitely do some internet window shopping to see what other options there are. $200 is a lot of money but I can color it, cut it and style it however I want.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Foxy locks extensions, remy is a type of high quality hair, many companies sell them. Check out foxy locks website and her channel on youtube

    ReplyDelete