Monday, June 13, 2011

New items to our menu coming soon for one night only...

This is a story that happened yesterday that I just couldn't help but share.

While I was on my break, I was sitting in a different part of the restaurant so I could eat my sandwich in peace without anyone really knowing where I was. I wasn't hidden, but I was in a section that was pretty much closed off. During my break, something happened to one of the servers. As it was happening, I'm sure she was very frustrated, but I couldn't help but laugh loudly as she told me the story.

She had a man and three teenagers sit in her section. Immediately he started asking her what the drink specials for the day were. As most people know, drink specials do not extend into the eating section of the restaurant. It's policy and not something that really can be changed. The man proceeded to tell her "That's racist". One of the teenagers proceeded to tell him that it wasn't such and then he rolled his eyes and said "Fine, it's bias." The server said that she thought that was the end of it. The four of them proceeded to order. The man ordered the chicken tender platter, which is the most popular dish that we have. It is usually a slam dunk. There aren't a whole lot of complaints with this dish because, really, how can fried chicken go wrong?

The man had one tender that was burnt on the corner. Burnt to the point it was black, but it was only on the corner. He proceeded to try to convince his server that this couldn't have possibly been a chicken tender; the black was the hollow eye socket to a rat.

Yes. A rat.



What do you say to that? It isn't like someone plucked a hair and put it in their food. It's not like a portion of saran wrap was in their food. This is the complete mind concoction on how to get free food. I mean did this guy drink so much to discover he only had $20 in his wallet but ordered four en tree plates? He then said he wanted to speak to the manager. He then tried to convince James, according to this server, that he had a rat on his plate.



What, were we short one tender and figured we would have enough time to fur a rat, batter it really quick and throw it in the fryer? We just happened to have rats roaming the restaurant? How does a chicken tender look like a fried rat? James said that he didn't refund the ticket but the server made it seem like he did. All she knows is that she was tipped $5 for four people. Yeah I know, great right?

Next time the guy needs to be more creative in his search for free food. Choose an animal that is more exciting like a bat or something fatter like a guinea pig. I have to admit, this was a first. It made myself and another server, Jason, laugh so hard that we decided to come up with a new item on the menu. A store special. Fried rat with a side of cockroaches and a side of maggots. The appetizer and the dessert are still up for debate. All we know is "Vermin" is in the title.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment