Thursday, June 23, 2011

Do I have to?

Daylan has his interview with Cici's today, and I still don't like the idea. His interview is at 10:30 and I have to be at work at 11:30. I still don't know if I just have to be dropped off work early or if he is somehow going to pick me up. The thought of getting ready now and sitting at work for at least an hour makes me just not want to go. I want to stay in my bed because I am so tired. I can't sleep till late and I still make myself wake up at 8am. Of course Daylan closed so I had to pick him up. We didn't get home till 1am and it still took time to wind down. I had six hours of sleep. Something has to give!

I work a single shift today and someone asked me to pick up a night shift for them. I'd rather work a Saturday night so I can get the extra money but when I tried to pick up a shift last week, I said I would be in overtime. I am kind of hoping that "the powers that be", meaning the managers, will tell T'rele that I can't pick up for him. I'd like to have another night off work. While I enjoyed a day off yesterday, it was spent doing other stuff. The second half of my night was spent ironing a lot of Daylan's clothes. I didn't even touch mine. The house is trashed so I need to clean it. Once again, let's insert the title of this blog right....here.

It needs to be done, just like the ironing did. I have been meaning to do it for so long and I did feel a slight pang of accomplishment when I saw how much I had ironed but I wish I had a system of making it faster. I just want to get every damn wrinkle out and it takes a while. Maybe I just need a better iron?

Alas, it is time to get ready and see if I have to be dropped off work early.

No comments:

Post a Comment