Tuesday, June 7, 2011

He screws us over no matter what we do

I've waited a week to write this because emotions were still so incredibly high. Normally I write stuff right as it happens (when I have the time and I'm not tired) but this time I figured it would be in my best interest to write about this. It isn't that I am afraid someone will tell his father I wrote very angrily about him, I just felt that I would say what I wanted to say and would focus on the feeling rather than the fact. The fact doesn't make this story any less tolerable but I didn't want to focus so much on the adjectives.

Wednesday night I spent the entire day watching tv to catch up on all the stuff I was missing. Towards the end of the day, I was watching Army Wives on Netflix. I knew Daylan came home and was watching tv back in the bedroom but I didn't know that he went outside to talk on the phone. I was made aware of it whenever he came in and paused what I was watching. He didn't say anything. He simply sat on the couch. This is Daylan's way of being over-dramatic so I just sat and waited. I wasn't sure if he was going to say anything or if he was just going to get back up and go back to the bedroom. This would mean that he wanted to pause my show just to pause the show. Daylan really is a child and will do stupid stuff because he thinks it is funny, even if I ask him not to. Instead, he told me that he just got off the phone with Grandpa Sir.

Ok, a phone call from Grandpa Sir at 10pm is never a good thing.

Before I get into what the phone call was about, I should get into some history. Sir is the boss of the family. He is the Godfather to the Southern Baptist Mafia. He is the minister of the family and what he says goes, period. Rarely are there any exceptions. With that said, Sir is a very tolerable and understanding man but he is a stern man when he has to put his foot down so when Daylan said he just got off the phone with him at 10pm, it couldn't have been a good thing. However it seems that he isn't necessarily mad at us. I'm sure he was in the beginning, until Daylan explained something to him (nicely of course because you are not rude to Sir).

Daylan and I have had problems with Greg, Daylan's father, for as long as I can remember. My first time meeting him was three days after Daylan and I started to date, when Kaydee (Daylan's sister) had given birth to Caleb. I was pinned to the hospital room wall in front of the family, but everyone disregarded it and then went on about their conversations. I, on the other hand, was very uncomfortable. This was his father's way of feeling me out. This was just the first instance. Others have included his father staying with us in my apartment and Greg asking me, within ear shot of Daylan, when I was going to leave his son and be with him. Another was his father coming into the room I was staying in while I was halfway changed into a corset to have a conversation with me rather than apologizing and leaving the room. What is worse is that his father is very irresponsible when it comes to finances.

Within the past year that I have been in Texas, Daylan has lost $1300.00 to his father. It isn't that he stole money from Daylan in the traditional sense of the word, but he did in fact steal from Daylan. $800.00 of it was tax return money from the year before last. His dad had done Daylan's taxes and we were supposed to get the check for it. The check never came. What we think happened is that his father deposited it into his own account but when we questioned him about it (by we I mean Daylan since I refuse to speak to Greg unless I have to) he would say that he was still waiting on the check. A second occasion was back in September. Daylan and I had a family reunion to go to in October in Ashville, NC. We found tickets roundtrip for two for $500.00 and had to have his father buy it. Daylan didn't have a debit card at the time and I had misplaced mine. We wired the money to his father and he said he would order it the next morning. A month went by and he said he was still waiting on the tickets to be mailed to him. Daylan finally went to Sir a week before we had to fly and found out that the tickets were never bought. Sir had to buy our tickets for us. $1300.00 roundtrip for two tickets. Sir told us not to worry about it since Daylan had proof that he wired money from his account to Greg's.

Greg has since struck again.

For a few months, Daylan's Durango was not drivable at all. There was something wrong with the bearings. The whole car made this horrible screeching noise like nails on a chalkboard but louder. You could feel in through the seats and the steering wheel. It was just embarrassing for both of us so we were driving his dad's Pacifica. Greg said that he was waiting on the parts to be shipped to his mechanic so to drive the Pacifica until then. Months later, nothing was done about it but as long as we had a vehicle, we didn't really say much amongst each other. When Kaydee had to have her car serviced due to an emergency when she was in Texas, Greg decided to make it a "family affair" and take all the cars. Daylan's Durango, Kaydee's Equinox, Greg's truck and Kathy's mini suv all went in. Greg made it seem to Daylan that he was going to cover it since "it's just the bearings after all." We figured that this was his way of kind of sort of paying us (by us I mean Daylan) back since he did screw Daylan out of quite a bit of money. We didn't think anything of it when we got the Durango back the day before we drove to Florida.

The day after we got back to Texas, we were just relaxing. We spent the entire day not doing much of anything. We did some minor picking up of the house and did the dishes, but he was in the bedroom laying down and watching tv while I was in the recliner in the living room watching Army Wives on Netflix. He came in, paused my show, and sat down on the couch like he had bad news. Like someone died or something. Like I previously stated, I thought that either he was going to say something horrible, like "We are breaking up" (since he had did that two and a half years ago) or he was going to then run off in the bedroom laughing. Like I said, I am engaged to a child because that would be his idea of a joke. Pause my show and run away...because he knows I'll throw something at him.

He said that he just got off the phone with Sir. It's 10pm and so this can't be good. Something happened. The last time we had a call like this, Scott (Daylan's uncle) had finally died due to AIDS complications. That call was made around 5 or 6am a month after I moved to Texas.  There are times of day that Sir does not make phone calls at all unless it is an emergency...or he is upset. The latter turned out to be true but before I got the whole story, I wasn't sure exactly WHO Sir was upset about. As far as I knew, neither one of us had done or said anything worth being upset about. With that family, one can never be sure.

Daylan said that Grandpa Sir called Daylan because Greg apparently didn't pay for any of the car repairs, not even his own. In fact, Greg sent the repair bill, for all four vehicles, to Sir and Grammie. Not only that, Greg rang up the company gasoline card to $5000.00 within a month. I guess Sir didn't know if having the Durango bill mailed to Sir's house was his idea or Greg's idea and I am assuming that Daylan set him straight with the whole nonsense. The end result still came out to the fact that we now owed Sir $900. That seems like a shit ton of money for just bearings. I mean I know they fixed Daylan's driver's side window as well, but really? I became furious because Daylan had no money in his account due to the trip to Florida and I didn't want Sir to be waiting long for his money. Daylan did not ask me to do this, but I paid Sir and Grammie off in two visits. He knew about it but I was the one who suggested it.

All the money I make from work are supposed to go to three things: my car payment, my weekly Walgreen's trips and so I can move back to Florida. I want enough money in the bank to cover a security deposit and still have a few months rent and utilities just in case it takes me a while to find a good job. I don't want to be in a place for two months just to be homeless because I couldn't afford it. $900.00 of that money that should have gone into my savings ended up having to go to Sir and Grammie. It's not their fault that Greg did this however it sucks because now I have to post-pone my move. I didn't have enough money in my savings account when I checked so I may have to post-pone this move about six more weeks and try harder to save money at Walgreen's. Right now I am paying for everything until Daylan gets paid. Normally he pays for everything since he knows I am trying really hard to save my money. Groceries, gas and whatnot comes out of my account. The trailer and the gas to get to Florida took more money out of Daylan than we expected.

To top it off, Greg told the family that I was MOVING back to Florida and that was why we were packing my stuff up. He said that I shouldn't have come back to Texas. I guess he thought I had cold feet or something so the family was silently wondering exactly why I was back. It's not any of Greg's business what is going on with me or when I plan on moving. I don't know why he apparently feels it is his duty to announce my every move, thought and decision to the rest of the family.

I wonder if they have even talked to Greg about this. I wonder if they are finally going to cut Greg off. I doubt it. He apparently shits platinum bars and can do no wrong. It's not the first time he screwed someone over. He was married to Kathy (number four) for three or four months when he rang up a $10,000 credit card bill within a month. Not only that, but an additional $3000 for guns and ammo since he still isn't allowed to buy it himself (due to being in jail/prison twice...for tax fraud??) Kathy is STILL married to him. I guess no one really said anything to Greg because not even a month or two later, he pocketed the $500 from Daylan for our plane tickets. Now he is billing Sir for cars that don't even belong to him and ringing up the gas card. Sir ends up talking to Daylan but he probably won't even talk to Greg about any of this.

Geez, a week later and I'm still mad at that very last thing. Daylan says I shouldn't get upset because "it's just money." "Just money" is $200.....not that amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment