Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Everything blurs together

I've been so exhausted lately. Some days it seems as though five to six hours of sleep is enough but other days I wake up after having seven or more and still feel tired, like this morning. Seven hours of sleep and I tried to go back to sleep twenty minutes ago. It felt as though I was laying in bed forever but all I saw were coupons (because I was just checking to see if there was anything) so I couldn't go to sleep. As I am typing now, I still feel my eyes get heavy. Maybe taking that sleeping pill was a bad idea but I am trying to regulate when my body feels tired again.

Daylan says that he has been putting resumes out there lately, not only for San Angelo but for Fort Walton Beach too. I just don't know exactly how dedicated he is to trying to find a job in Florida. I stopped trying to push him when we thought this Mr. T's thing was going to go through but that was back in December. All I know is I want him to leave Sonic all together. His hours have been changing a lot and he hasn't been getting his bonus checks. He's been doing the inventory every week for the past year and a half but hasn't been getting his bonus checks for it. He refuses to talk to anyone about it. He says it will fall on deaf ears if he tells Joe but he refuses to take my advice and go over Joe's head. If that is in fact the case, he needs to talk to Bobby Bell or David Bryant because they run the district. He just won't do it. I don't care if it is loyalty, if he isn't getting his money then something needs to happen. What Daylan is trying to do is get the rest of his vacation days first before he makes some sort of decision.

He wants to move up to casual dining restaurants, work there for a bit and then move up to a more upscale restaurant. He has an interview with Cici's on Thursday and I think that is a waste of time. He says it's casual dining but it's more like a halfway  house to getting into the restaurant business. It's still fast food. It's a pizza buffet. It's not what he is wanting! He just doesn't see that! Yes, he may get benefits. Yes, he may get better hours and he may just make more money. This just isn't the step he needs to take. If he wants restaurant work, he needs to just apply for more restaurant positions....preferably in Florida.

If he were to get a job in Florida, we could move faster! I wouldn't have to save up as much money to get a security deposit for an apartment. I still have to pay the previous bills in order to get it under my name, but if he were to move, it could be under HIS name until I pay mine off. The rent and utilities would be cut in half and I'd have a live-in babysitter if I needed one.The best part about this is I would skip the rumor mill all together. I already know what would be said if I went back to Florida without Daylan. Word would spread to people who shouldn't even know I moved back. I'd never hear the end of it. I'm not talking about enemies, I'm talking about family too. Besides, it would look better in court if I moved back WITH my fiance who is there to support me.

I had a scare the other day when my GM, Eric, handed me a sheet of paper with two names, a phone number, and a case number. It was the day that I was going to put in my change of availability but then decided to wait till I knew what the hell was going on. What struck me as odd was that Eric didn't mention that the guys worked at a law firm but an agency. Daylan came home and googled the number on the internet and found a page dedicated to that number. It seems to be a "collection agency" but people were complaining about it. The claims were that these people were saying whatever they needed to get these people to talk to them. One woman said that they claimed to be doing the debt collection for Continental Finance, but when she called her credit card company, they had nothing bad to say about her. It sounded like this was a dirty company just trying to get money, so I printed the page just to be sure. I'm not sending money that is supposed to be used for my move back to Florida to a company that may not even be legit! I just gave Grammie $900 to pay for the fuck-up that Greg did!

Daylan and I decided that whenever we buy a house, which more than likely will be in San Angelo, that we will buy a foreclosed house. The show I saw on tv was for homes in the 60K-100K ranges and plenty of them were 3BR/1.5BA and a few even had a storage unit. We have always talked about having a master for us, a bedroom for Gabriel and a room for his gaming/my makeup. The separate storage unit could be for my stockpile. If we don't get one, then the third bedroom would be a catch all. Makeup, gaming and stockpile. Maybe we'd even have a one car garage. The only problem with getting a house in San Angelo is we don't have ANY of the stores that double/triple coupons. We don't have Rite-Aid, Kroger's, Food Lion etc. Albertson's started doubling and tripling but the coupon I had yesterday that should have tripled only doubled. It's a start though? Who knows how much foreclosed homes are in Florida or if there is a way I could find out. I never had to look before. A foreclosed home is a good starter home. Why pay $250,000 when you could get a nice starter home for $80,000? Of course we would try cheaper ;)

Case texted me the other night to tell me he got orders to deploy out of Japan, where he was on a two year tour, to go back to Iraq. He just wasn't sure when or how long he would be gone. He made it seem like he had good news to tell me. I can't help but be kind of sad. I've been watching way too much Army Wives to get that sort of a text message. Since he's already had to be in Iraq once and spent about a year in Japan, his debts are pretty much gone but I still don't want him to be in harm's way. He is one of my best friends. I can't bear the thought of something bad happening to him when he is over there. It's not as bad as Afghanistan, from what I've been hearing, but Iraq is still a war zone.

To end this blog, I have to report that my A/C went out in the bedroom. For those who don't know, we have two of the old-fashioned window units. They are loud, they don't have temperature settings and it costs an arm and a leg to run constantly. The one in the bedroom sort of broke. It blows room temperature air, which really doesn't help since we hit 108 just a few days ago. The one in the living room is trying to work double time but it only cools the kitchen and the living room. The bathroom which is on the other side of the wall as the kitchen still remains a sauna and the sun room is an oven. At least the bedroom is dark so it doesn't heat up  as fast. Daylan's been sleeping in the living room, where the A/C works, while I've been sleeping in the bedroom with the floor fan at my feet. Hey, at least I am sleeping without him waking me up when he changes positions. It's just the house is unbearable the rest of the time. I have no idea how much it will cost to fix this problem but we are going to have to wait another two weeks since Daylan just got paid. We need his next paycheck before we start shopping for a replacement unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment