Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My day, as it stands, even with the help of coffee

Overnight:

I can not wait until the day that Daylan and I can own a Temper-Pedic bed. As it stands, I am going to make sure that not only will I not bounce in the bed but there will be a plexi-glass divider to separate our sides of the bed. How can one person change positions to the point that I am bouncing in bed? It wakes me up. He tosses and turns. He doesn't seem to understand that it wakes me up all the time. On top of that, he feels the need to either poke me, touch me, grope me or slap me (innocently of course) if not all of the above, which also wakes me up. It takes me time to be able to go back to sleep again and usually it's hard because I have to constantly throw his hands off of me. Yes it is flattering that he wants to touch me, but I have this problem on road trips too. I want to sleep but that isn't in his plans. If he is awake (or his body thinks he is awake while his mind is still in la-la-land) then I have to be awake with him. I need my sleep. I'm either going to kick him out of bed or I am going to sleep in the other bedroom. I don't know how many more nights of broken sleep I can tolerate. This Temper-Pedic bed will give me sanity, but the plexi-glass divider will be a god-send. I'll drill holes so he can talk to me, but I'll make sure he can't even stick his finger in it to poke me some more.

Morning:

Daylan wakes me up at 8. Normally I am up at this time checking online sites to see if there are any coupons to print, but this morning I was just too exhausted to even get to my second site. I turned the laptop off and went back to sleep. Not even fifteen minutes later, as if it wasn't a large enough hint that I am laying horizontal with my eyes closed, he feels the need to wake me up every ten minutes. I have alarms set as to when I need to get ready for work. He reminds me that he has a meeting at work so I HAVE to wake up if I want the car. I got him the death stare because had I been able to sleep without being woken up, at all, this wouldn't be an issue. As it stands, I hate his job. He isn't getting paid his bonuses for the extra work he has been putting in for a year and a half. He hasn't got a raise. The bosses' wife makes his life hell, and throws him under the bus all the time, for a blow-out her and I hadn't even technically had yet. His schedule is crap and is constantly changing, which usually means that 80% of the time I have to ask co-workers for rides home from work. I asked him if he wanted me to schedule my job around his so that rides would be guaranteed. "No, just leave your schedule open and we will make it work." I'm thinking all of this as I am being woken up, with very little sleep, to get ready for work two hours before I am supposed to all because of his schedule.

Day Shift:

It started out really slow and I was originally cut after being on the floor for an hour, but I lucked out by having one of the "closers" want to leave early so I took his section. I get to close and be in the box, which is the best place to be, but without the responsibilities. I lucked out. Rather than make $15, which is probably what I would have made at the time I was cut, I made $52. Had I been in the box the entire time, I am positive I would have made $70 but $52 is more than double what I had been making during lunch. I wasn't slammed with four tables, like I was hoping, but I was busy enough with three and was making fairly decent tips. Shoot, I made $10 off of two people. You can't really get much better than that.

Night Shift:

The night was slow. I was in a brand new section which usually is a pretty good section. It's in the corner of the atrium, which is usually used for parties. I had two four-top tables and one eight-top table. If I had a party of around fifteen, I would have been able to take it. Unfortunately, I rarely had two tables at a time because it was slow. Whenever one of the hostesses tried to seat me, they would say the section was too loud because of the other large groups, most of which had small kids. I ended up losing out on money because of that and only made $28. Thank goodness I made a decent amount for lunch or this double would have been like every other one. It wouldn't have been worth it. I really am thinking about changing my availability and only working single shifts because doubles just aren't worth it. I'm cut really early on both shifts. However I am hoping to only be here for another (ugh) six weeks and then I want to call it quits. I just am not making enough money and I don't get enough good/lucky days.

Tonight:

The mood changed drastically when I decided to watch Army Wives. Denise really has screwed up her life. What started off as her comparing her life and marriage to others (because Frank is very old fashioned and on a schedule. Hell they have sex on a schedule and it's boring), ended up with her signing divorce papers. Of course I know they didn't get divorced and in fact had another baby. First she went back to school to finish the last leg of nursing and then she got a job. She met a guy who gave her his motorcycle since he lost both of his legs, which then was a huge fight between Denise and Frank, her husband. She got sort of involved with a doctor and kissed him but that was as far as it went. The doctor had a motorcycle accident and her husband caught her kissing his hand when she wasn't aware of her husband being there. The guy died and she admitted to kissing the doctor. Then Frank tries to do therapy but he's so old fashioned, by the book, by the schedule and hard-headed (but he really means well!) that therapy didn't work. He deploys. The guy who gave her the motorcycle comes back and then somehow they have a fling. She has sex with him. Frank almost slept with a girl at the same time but stopped. He finds out because the crippled guy's ex came back swearing she would win the boy back and decided to tell the entire base about Denise's affair, which cost her her nursing job. Word spread to Iraq and then Denise is in mediation for a divorce. So she lost her job, lost the guy and is about to lose her husband all because of an affair. Never be surprised at the consequences you face from doing something stupid.

Yeah that was my day (yesterday)

No comments:

Post a Comment