Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Here is the plan I proposed

On our way home from grocery shopping, Daylan brought up what was mentioned today at the manager's meeting. The boss' wife was complaining about how rude Daylan is (which I find to be interesting since it is brought up on the one meeting that Daylan wasn't able to attend). I really don't know what goes on in that store because I don't work there but he is constantly coming home complaining about how much the boss' wife pisses him off. When the boss is there, she follows the rules and works but he instant he leaves to go home, it seems as though the rules no longer apply to her and there wouldn't be any consequences for her actions. It would irritate me. Call me biased, but I believe him (and a friend of his who is also a manager) over her. I have no doubt in my mind that she is rude and yells at the crew and I have no doubt that she likes to take her frustrations out and yell at Daylan from time to time.

He mentioned that next Tuesday he may start looking for another job. He actually said that and so the thought occurred to me that he should start sending resumes in Fl and see if he can just move with me.

This option is so much better than the option of my moving to FL alone. I can see so many hurdles to jump over the first few months of being there alone. If he were to move with me, I wouldn't be limited to one city to live in for rides to work. Of course rent is cheaper in Val-P, but we could live in Niceville or Fort Walton Beach as well. I also wouldn't be so limited as to where to work even though pay tends to be higher in Destin. It would just be cheaper for us to move back together than to move me out there, fly  back to TX, fly myself and Gabriel out for the week after Christmas, fly us back, have him come to his step-dad's retirement party, come back and then still fly to FL to pack me up and move me back to TX. Why not just move with me and save all that money? If he were to send resumes in FL, surely he would have a higher chance of being hired somewhere than me and if he gets something quick, then he could just pack up with me.

There are just so many opportunities. He could leave the drama his father and step-mother provide and just be with his mom and sister. He loves them and misses them dearly. He would also be around his nephews as they grow up. The added bonus is that two of his four best friends live within twenty minutes of where (hopefully) we would be moving to. Let's not forget how much cheaper it will be to just split everything down the middle rather than my pay for everything living on my own again. Oh and no more long distance relationships! A year was enough and I got fed up with it.

I told him "You never know. You may get a job that pays the same, if not more, and will give you the bonuses that they have been promising you and you would get two days off a week." If he wanted to do a part-time night shift being a bouncer, for example, he would be able to do it because his schedule would allow it. Who knows, he may not have to drive as far. I'm really working on wishful thinking here LOL.

Besides, there is more stuff to do in the smaller town I moved from than this area. There are more malls, more theaters, the beach, some touristy stuff and our friends are there. I could also hit up EC with some friends from time to time and he could have a boys night playing video games. I know I always complained about being bored when I lived there, but goodness there is even less here! I would miss Hastings (a lot) but really that is all we have/do here.

I am just hoping Daylan will see some logic in this and will start putting resumes out in FL. I mean what is the worst that can happen? No one responds and he just finds a job here instead? It would suck, and be more expensive for both of us, but I really want him to consider it. He doesn't want me to move away, and he has said this to a few people here, so why not remedy the situation and just move with me me. It isn't like he hangs out with anyone (ever) or that he sees his family anymore (because of the drama his father started with the rumors about me). I don't see what the big deal is other than the fact that it will be a hassle to pack and move. He is already going to be driving the rental truck to FL and using his vacation pay anyways. He might as well use it to pack and then have his quit date be after that.

Of course....it would be helpful if his friends and family tried to talk him into it ;)

4 comments:

  1. From a picture I saw, it looked like he worked at Sonic. Does he still? If so, maybe he can just transfer to one in FWB or Shalimar until he finds something he likes better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does and he use to work in Destin. He doesn't want to work for Sonic in FL again (and I wouldn't want him to either). There are too many people still working there that could (and would) report back to people we have discarded from our lives a year and a half ago. Besides, Destin doesn't make the kind of money it use to. The store he is at now makes more. IF the boss' wife didn't come back from maternity leave or IF the boss' wife would take the alleged stick out of her butt, he wouldn't have any issues. I still want him to move with me and I think it is time he gets a different job. He's been a manager for five years and hasn't had a promotion. He has had a raise but nothing significant and he has never received ANY of the bonus checks he was promised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't think working at the one in Shalimar or FWB would be enough to get by on for now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a lot of issues in Fl and the people who never want to see or speak to again are still working in various Sonic stores. They don't need to know that we are back or hell will start all over again.

    ReplyDelete