Monday, November 8, 2010

This is mine and I dare you to create your own.

So many people seem to always put together bucket lists or wish lists. I guess it makes sense for the wish list since Christmas is next month. People get so caught up on making that list hoping that people will get the hint and buy them those things. It is a nice concept, but it leads to disappointment. I won't lie, I'll make my "list" known for some people but I am not expecting people to get me anything this year (except for Daylan).

What I have been wanting to do for a while was create a vision board. A vision board can be something like a poster board, a push-pin board or anything of that nature where you tape/pin/glue pictures of what you want in your life to this board. The theory behind this is that if you see a picture of what you want ( ex. an engagement ring, a BMW, a particular job, etc) then you think about it all the time. If you think about it in a positive manner and believe that you can have it, then you will begin to get it. It uses the law of attraction. If you want to meet a friend who can be your partner in crime (without the actual crime), then you think about this person. You say you are worthy of this person. You imagine the things that you and this new best friend could do with you. You envision great conversations, road trips and everything that you like. By thinking positive things, then you are acting as a magnet and attracting what you want towards you. Of course you have to actually work towards it, but the vision board is suppose to be a guide.

It sounds really "new age" and whatnot but it really isn't. I read this book called The Secret by Rhonda Brynes, which is in the "new age" section, but it isn't all about that. It is a self-help book. There is some aspects of religion and karma but it isn't overpowering, which was so refreshing for me. I read that book cover to cover within a couple of days.

Anyways, here are examples of what will be on my vision board. Of course I can't post everything because this blog will be far too long, but I think that this is a good idea for everyone.

I want that storybook wedding. My first marriage was done in a court house and it was so restricted. Only give people were allowed to come. Tom got to have his parents and his brother and I had my parents. My best friend (who was supposed to be my maid of honor) couldn't come. I felt heartbroken. We always said we would go and have a ceremony afterward but it never happened. I don't think having a glass carriage is my thing, but I do want a beautiful wedding.

I want my own house that I bought. Having a husband help sure would be helpful but I do want a house that won't be taken away if something happens. I know I don't want a two story house (because I don't want to burden anyone with taking furniture up stairs). Having a circular driveway would be convenient because I don't want to constantly have to move cars. Also I want a mini driveway on the side of the garage just in case. I do want a three car garage. This house isn't my ideal house but it is pretty close. I am still working on how I want the house to look on the inside, but you get the idea.





I want another cat. The breed isn't a big deal to me, but I do tend to like calicoes. However this one kitten is melting my heart just by looking at it. I can already tell I will have issues with lots of fur but it could be completely worth it. If I had a boy, I would name him Starscream. I haven't decided with a girl. :) I have a cat, but I told Daylan that I will get another when I am in Florida.




I want to travel! The places on that suitcase would be neat, but I want more out of the norm places. I want Kenya, Easter Island, Ireland, Australia, Poland, Greece etc. I think traveling makes people more well-rounded. Not only is a vacation, but you get to see how other people live. It teaches you culture. It helps you to appreciate what you have and gives you insight on what you want. I think everyone should be able to have the opportunity to travel.


This is the wedding band that I want. Nothing more, nothing less. I found it at Gordon's but things happened and we had to postpone the purchase. I believe this was a 4mm ring and it has six diamonds bezelled into the band. I believe it was a total weight of 3/4 carats. It's been months since I got the exact details.

Anyways, this is just a taste. You don't have to sit and explain exactly why you want what you want, but this gives you an idea as to what to do. It isn't a materialistic wish list because there are some things that people aren't going to be able to find pictures for (which you can just draw the words in). The vision board is to be placed where it will be seen everyday and acknowledged. The owner of the vision board has to say what they want with confidence and with positive affirmations. "I want this. I will have this. I deserve this and I deserve nothing less." If you want that car, imagine yourself sitting in the car and do the motions. Grab the imaginary steering wheel. If you want the dress, then try it on and strut. Get the image of what the dress looked like on you in your head till the opportunity arises (you  never know when you will get a holiday bonus at work). Imagine a boss calling you to say you go the job that you have always wanted. "I want it. I will have it. I deserve it."

I believe everyone deserves what they want and what harm will it cause? You will at least have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment