Saturday, November 27, 2010

What a thing to wake up to

I'm not quite sure why I slept in till almost noon, but I woke up with this horrible pain in my mouth. At first, it felt like I had a few blisters on my tongue. Once I started to become more aware, I went into the bathroom to see if I could spot anything. It only looked like two inflamed taste buds and I tried to push my tongue to the side to see if I find a blister. It was then that I noticed that my entire tongue was swollen.

I mean swollen. The sides and the tip looked like it was stuffed with water. Normally I play with my tongue ring and can push it up. There is normally a gap between my tongue and the ball. There wasn't even a gap. In fact, there were indentions on both the top and bottom of my tongue. That is not a good sign. I took some Goody's powder and an allergy pill to see if maybe that would help. The only thing it did was make me feel high and make me feel drowsy. Even though I slept ten hours, I was asleep on the couch within two hours and slept for about an a hour and a half. Yeah, I am going to be up all night. When I woke up, my tongue was still swollen, but only around the hole where my tongue ring is.

About an hour ago, I made some really strong water with epson salt and swished it in my mouth while I had the tongue ring in a mixture of epson salt and bleach water in a small pot. Yeah I boiled the hell out of it. Of course I washed it in soap and water before I put it back in. I still have some water to swish in my mouth a few more times. I'm not sure what else to do. I will just have to keep taking Goody's and allergy pills in hopes it will do something. I don't have basic aspirin or ibuprofen. Daylan doesn't feel like going to the store after work. Maybe tomorrow.

I know I still own my original tongue ring, I just can't find it. It is much longer and could be so convenient. The only time my tongue was this way was when I got my tongue pierced (the first time). It's just annoying. When I first woke up, I would barely speak correctly. I can now, but my tongue hurts. We will see if this goes away by tomorrow morning. I'm sure it isn't an allergic reaction because I had two brands of hot chocolate around 9pm last night. It wouldn't take 14hrs for my tongue to react, and why just my tongue? Shouldn't something have happened an hour or two after I drank it?

Either way, hopefully this will correct itself by tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment