Saturday, May 21, 2011

Crunch time!

It's getting to be crunch time for this trip back to Florida. It just seems as though so many things are going to be happening when I am there. We are renting a U-Haul trailer to bring furniture with me so we can get it in a storage unit. We are going to be going to this retirement party, and I'm still not exactly sure what day or time it is.  Everything needs to work around that since that is the main reason we are going to Florida. I have to stop by my parents house to drop off gifts on Gabriel's bed as a surprise when he gets home. I seriously went bookoo overboard and bought him a ton of stuff. Those things alone will take up time.

On top of that, I am hoping to meet everyone in two groups. One group is the facebook people I have been talking with. Brandon, Azrael (Jennie), Candace (who will be out of town), Star, Ron but I am not positive with the last two. Who knows if they are civil and talking to one another and who knows with their schedule. Maybe I can meet Dawn. I've met Brandon back in high school but I haven't seen him since so technically I haven't met any of these people. I'm hoping to meet at Chris C.'s restaurant, Joey Tomatoe's, for a dinner so I can meet that guy too. The second group will hopefully consist of the people who worked for Sonic that I still talk to: Mikey, Dennis, Cory, Melissa and Kayla. I don't get to talk to Kayla as much but still. We talk from time to time. Maybe I can meet Melissa's husband and Cory's new unofficial boyfriend, Michael.

Daylan is probably going to spend a night with Brendan drinking and playing video games. I want to see Brendan but I have no intention of watching them play video games all night, so I will probably meet up with Rob. It would be great to see Nessa, but her and I have not spoke since October because of a fight. She knows Rob and I still talk, and we really started talking again yesterday, but I want to see her too. I am just not sure how that will turn out.

I am hoping that since I won't be in Florida for my birthday that I can have pictures with friends as my birthday gifts. I am so homesick and I miss my friends there, even the ones I haven't met face to face yet, so I want pictures with them (in abundance) to be my birthday gifts.

Somehow in the midst of everything else, I am trying my damnedest to get people together. They have known I have been coming to town but I am not sure about when everyone can meet. Mikey and Dennis said they are free on Saturday so if the retirement party falls on that day, I will have to see about seeing them at a different time that day. I mean come on now, I can't go without seeing my friends on this trip. I have already said I just won't sleep. I can sleep on the way back to Texas. I can sleep on the way to Texas so I can be up all night with everyone if that is the only way to meet with people. I know everyone can't bow down to my schedule but something has to give. I already can't see my son because he is going out of town with his dad so I want to see everyone else. Maybe it will make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment