Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dear Coffee

Dear coffee,



I tend to neglect you because I never really need you. You always tend to make me feel worse than I did before you came along. I often get jittery because the caffeine makes my blood sugar crash even if I had breakfast. Why this happens is a mystery. I often don't like the bathroom to smell like you because my urine is now scented with coffee bean goodness.

However I need you more than I have a while. My finance decided that he wanted to stay up with his friends and play Call of Duty Black Ops till well after two in the morning. It doesn't help that I cleaned the house last night. I stopped shortly after midnight with vacuuming. I just couldn't do anymore. All I have left is minor organization in the bedroom, the stove, the dishes in the sink and then it will be on to ironing the mountain of clothes that has accumulated in the living room for me to do. It wouldn't have been so bad if the fiancĂ©e didn't decide to talk loudly and laugh from the living room. It made trying to sleep impossible. While I give him credit that he wasn't yelling, it still didn't help my situation.

So, coffee, in order to get the pep in my step to make it through this double, I will need your assistance. I would just enjoy you from the comfort of my home, but I don't have any filters. You will have to be a secret; you'll be in a cup and hidden behind a squirrel at work.

You and I can have our secret affair in private. I'll get in trouble if the managers saw us together while I am at work.



Waiting impatiently for our meeting,
Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment