Monday, May 16, 2011

Tricked

This morning as I was putting on my make-up, Daylan came up to me and asked me what I thought about going to Houston the following day. I asked him  how far away it was and it said it was seven hours. I did inquire if this was going to be a day trip and he just shrugged and said that we wouldn't be able to stay long but yeah. Of course I got excited about this and said yes. He said ok and walked away. I finished putting my makeup on. A few minutes later, he emerged from our bedroom and said "Well, since you already agreed to it, I think I should tell you that Dad will be coming with us." "Wait, what?!? Your dad is coming with us on our day trip? Why the hell is that happening?!?"

"We are following Kaydee to Houston and then Dad will be riding with us back home...."

Fuck. He already told everyone that I was going and his sister already wants me to be in the car with her, while she is awake, since she has had more than enough of her father. I can't back out now. I should have known this was too good to be true.

I told him that he owes me. When we are coming back from Florida at the end of the month, we will make a detour into New Orleans for a few hours. He owes me that much for tricking me. He said he had no intention of tricking me and thought I understood. I've been working all weekend. I completely forgot his sister was due to leave tomorrow.  Why would I think that I would have to spend the day, in a car, making sure his sister got to Houston? I thought that maybe he wanted to go and explore with me. LOL.

I am bringing two movies, a book and headphones so I can drown his father out. I hate him so I am hoping to not hear his voice while he is in the car with us for seven hours. Oh yeah. I will make the best out of this trip. I will start to read The Power by Rhonda Brynes and I will bring The Sea Prince and the Fire Child as well as My Best Friend's Wedding. I should be set for seven hours.

Oh he owes me! Punk.

No comments:

Post a Comment