Monday, May 9, 2011

On the prowl...

I'm looking into getting my son some more toys. He has a chest of stuff here, but with the current situation going on, I am looking into buying more for him. Part of me thinks that if I can buy enough stuff he likes, that he will forgive me for being here. Now that I have a job, I could get him out here, but I want to go ahead and just go back to FL. There are other things that need to be taken care of there.

He isn't old enough to be "bought" and he would still love me regardless. He isn't at the age to really know what forgiveness is, but I wonder if I lost that sparkle to him. Either way, I want to go and get stuff for him since I have money to do so. Of course I want to be frugal about it. There is no need on spending a ton on one item that he will just discard later. What can I say? Used or coupons are the way to go.

I believe a trip to Walmart may be in order soon. We don't have a real toy store here, but maybe Walmart or Target will have some cool stuff on sale for him. Besides, shopping for him is more fun for me than shopping for myself. I'm still just as picky but I'm more lenient. I just don't want Gabriel having a ton of electronic stuff or violent toys. I know a lot are "violent" but there are certain toys that I find are better, like foam swords, super-soakers or the bow with the suction cup arrows.

I did buy him some new books, that were used, so help him with reading. I'll probably post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment