Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Carino's Restaurant Review

Daylan and I wanted to try a new place to eat for our date. I didn't want to go to my job because I already spend enough time in that restaurant. I'm typically there for twelve hours a day so the last thing I wanted was to go in on my day off.

Anyway, to keep this short, Carino's is the Italian food chain, similar to Olive Garden. When we got there, it was around 9. No one was at the host stand. A male waiter saw us and didn't do anything. It's not like we are hard to miss. I was wearing high heels so I was six feet tall, if not taller. He didn't come to the door until someone else came to pick up their cell phone. Finally he grabbed the host, who had no clue where to sit us. When he sat us, he sat us at a dirty table. Well, I say "dirty" loosely. It still had water on the table from where a glass had been sitting there. It also took a while for our waitress to come and greet us.

Our waitress wasn't rude but she wasn't polite. She was in between. I get that it was 9 but don't make it that obvious that you don't want to be there anymore. When she brought out our calimari appetizer, she didn't bring out any side plate or offer any to us. She almost banged Daylan's soda to the table, but she was more careful with my glass of wine.

Even if the service from our waitress was exemplurary, the food wasn't. I ordered the spicy shrimp and chicken pasta. I don't remember what Daylan ordered. The tomatoes in my dish tasted sour, like it had gone bad. I love tomatoes. With the tomatoes taken out, the rest of my dish wasn't any better. It was just bland. The pasta and sauce tasted like it was just in a butter sauce. The shrimp was the only good part. Daylan's dish was overpowered by ground pepper. His dish had no flavor as well. Even the chicken and ham wasn't all that great. The chicken had no flavor and the pork had entirely too much salt in it. For someone who eats everything, Daylan didn't even eat 1/3 of his dish. I didn't either.

We didn't yell at the waitress. She doesn't get paid enough to deal with that. We didn't want to talk to the manager because we didn't want food for free because it probably wouldn't have been any better than the dishes we already had. We just didn't want to be there anymore. The bill was $52 for a glass of wine, a sprite, one appetizer and two pasta dishes....and it wasn't even worth it. Our drinks were the only good thing about the meal. We still tipped the girl $6, which was barely over 10%, but her service was....mediocre and the food was horrible. The fastest thing to happen was she gave us our bill and cashed us out.

Needless to say, I am going to try and fix our dishes by seasoning them myself. I don't want to just throw food away. We just won't be eating there again. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment