Sunday, January 2, 2011

I can't help it if it is brought to my damn attention

People always complain about people are too into their business but it seems as though all they do is put their business out there on Facebook. I get it is their page but they have to know that 1) it is human nature to question 2) good friends are going to want to know what is going on and 3) haters are going to want to know what they can gossip on. If you don't want people to know, then don't put it out there.

The reason why this is irritating is because I was friends with a couple; Ron and Star. I originally knew Ron because he was one of my regulars when I was at Sonic. A few years later I discovered him on Myspace (or did he discover me?). Then we both went to Facebook. He began dating this girl, Star, and out of respect I added her. I became close friends with her and talked to her more than him.

Nine months and three break-ups later, I tried to remain as neutral as I could possibly be and I admit, it was hard. Both are slamming the other. I happened to be in touch with Star and I noticed these random girls get involved so I started to lean more towards her corner. Star said it was done and while she was still living there, she said he was being really cold towards her. Once she started her second job, I didn't really hear from her. It's been a couple of days.

Tonight I see a photo of them both, at Nighttown (a local club) and I'm confused. He is talking shit about how he would never ever be with her again and would rather burn than be in the same room as her. She says that she is tired of his mood swings, tired of him allegedly cheating and wants to move on. In fact, I was hoping she could move in with me but now I am thinking that may be a mistake.

For one thing, I don't WANT to know their drama but me being a semi-therapist, I always want to know what is going on so I can give advice. Part of it is so I feel good that my life isn't so complicated. Another thing is I don't want her on my lease as I rent a three bedroom place and then have her ditch me to live with him again when I know I won't be able to afford anything larger than a two bedroom place. I doubt I'll be able to rent a two bedroom for a few months and who knows what my pay will be a month once I get a job.

The rest of my friends in that area are all couples. They are living with their partners and there aren't many I would trust living with me (and my son) because of what could be stolen and what kind of trouble they will bring. If I am assuming that this person will pay for a certain amount of the rent and bills and then they don't, I'll be screwed. I'll be in this hole. I barely was able to afford my last apartment once I started working for O'Charley's. When I was at Sonic, it wasn't even remotely a problem. I can't just assume I can afford everything or I wouldn't consider a roommate but I don't want to have someone living with me that is going to get me involved in all this b.s. and who may ditch me for this on-again, off-again relationship and then ask to move back in.

I sent Star a friendly text of "Hello, love. How are you?" and she hasn't answered. Granted, she may be working and I can't assume she is ignoring me but if this goes on for a couple of days I continue to see/read stuff about them, I will just assume that my faith in her was for not and that I will just have to assume I will be on my own. If that is the case, I will look for the cheapest possible place to live, even if it is the smallest (as long as it is a two bedroom).

No comments:

Post a Comment