Saturday, January 1, 2011

I resolve to....

actually do the stuff on my list this year. I didn't make one last year but the year before that was rather....unpractical. Daylan had just dumped me and in my sorrow, I "vowed" to do all sorts of activities to not only make me a better person but to help me forget Daylan. I just didn't know that my finances would drop shortly afterwards and that I wouldn't be able to afford most of what was on my list.

Oh, Happy New Year!


So far, 2011 has been rough (not for me). Gabriel's four year old cousin was admitted into the hospital yesterday. She had been sick for a few days prior and had a fever. I guess she had a really high fever because the following day she began to vomit and have diarrhea. The next day, she had a seizure. Not only did she have a seizure but she stopped breathing. Her lips were blue. Jennie was on the phone talking to the 911 dispatcher (frantically) and Travis was giving Payden mouth to mouth as well as chest compressions. Payden had a few more seizures in the ambulance and then was sent home, where she had even more seizures. She has had a total of 13 in the course of 12 hours. She is on anti-seizure medicine and has to see a neurologist in six months. In the time being, she is aware but is having trouble walking and feeding herself. I have high hopes that Payden will recover. Really high hopes. Kids bounce back and you forget anything ever happened to them.

Daylan's great grandmother, Mamaw, was admitted to the hospital today. Her regular doctor in the nursing home said she had a respiratory infection, but all her tests are coming back normal. She is going to be 92. It seems as though she is fine and will be returned to the nursing home this afternoon. I think it is just her age catching up with her but it is better safe than sorry. I'd rather Mamaw go to the hospital for trivial stuff to be proven correct than to have whatever symptom she has be ignored and her die because it grew to be something bigger.

Anyway, now that the news is out of the way, here is my resolution list. It isn't in any particular order. It is the order in which it pops in my head.

  1. Lose 10-15lbs. I'm not looking into getting back to my weight in high school; I'd have to be anorexic for that. If I were to be 110lbs, I'd be a skeleton. Technically my weight isn't an issue, but I think if I were to lose some weight, then my waist line would shrink a little. I think 135lbs is a good goal and I'm about 150lbs.
  2. Eat healthier. I've been doing well as far as dinners are concerned. Fresh vegetables and I make a lot of my dinners from scratch but I'm hoping to do more breakfasts and lunches but still do it in a healthy manner. 
  3. Volunteer somewhere. I am thinking I may volunteer at the local college back at home for their plays. It could be great experience with my makeup. I know I'd really like to volunteer at an animal shelter but if that doesn't work, then being a "Big Sister" could be a great idea.
  4. Take up more hobbies. While I am really enjoying doing makeup, I would like to take up pottery, painting, dancing and knitting. Maybe sewing as well. Daylan is so involved with his video games and his job that I spend a lot of time alone. When I am in FL and he is in TX, I would like some stuff I can do on my own (or with friends) so that I won't always be bugging him via text.
  5. Keep in touch with my friends and family more. Facebook is a great thing but I need to talk to people more one on one. I'm much better at texting, but I'd like to do more personal phone calls. 
  6. Blog more. I use to write all the time, but then Daylan asked me not to and I stupidly agreed. There is a year of my life that is now forgotten. Some of it is probably for the best. Regardless of the who's and the why's, I still want to write the way that I use to.
  7. Eliminate the negatives. I have done a good job about taking away a lot of the people who did nothing but bring me down, but I've done that job too well. I've become more of a home-body and I'm not that person. Trust me, I'd rather be this than to be the person I was two years ago who was stuck in the middle of a ton of drama and a ton of headaches. I just need the happy median. 
  8. Get two jobs, for a full year, and get my savings account back up. I know Daylan and I will be working to save up for a wedding (and possibly a honeymoon), but I still want $5000 in savings by the end of the year.
  9. Either do a refresher course in cosmetology or go back to nursing (or both-cosmetology first as a back-up)
  10. Get a portfolio together with my make-up looks. 
  11. Plan some cool trips and activities for Gabriel. There are a bunch of stuff going on around FL, I just have to find it. Gabriel is 5 years old now. His interests are rising.
  12. Have either professional photos with Gabriel and myself or with myself, Gabriel and Daylan.
  13. Save more money. I was doing really well with the coupons, but then our printer started messing up. Now I have no coupons and our grocery bills are still close to $100 a week. If we weren't buying fresh fruits and vegetables, our bill would be cheaper.
  14. Grow my own vegetables. I think that would definitely help with my grocery bills. I'm thinking broccoli is definitely a must.
  15. Get insurance. I've been stressed out about not having health insurance. I could have used stitches back in August when I got that gash over my temple but I never went. Now I have a nasty scar and I can't help but think it wouldn't look so horrible if I had only had the insurance to get stitches. Oh, having dental and all that would help too.
  16. Travel just a little big more. Well, travel to some new places. Yeah, that would definitely be fun.
I think that is about it. Anything past that may be excessive and unrealistic. I think it is good to have goals and to have things to work towards. So here is to a good year and to goals achieved!

 Oh! For those who partied last night, I hope that 1) you didn't drink and drive and 2) you aren't battling a huge hangover. For those who get to party tonight, same rules apply. Happy drinking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment