Saturday, January 1, 2011

This blog may be under editorial construction.

I haven't decided if I want to keep this blog to myself, with the option of people stumbling upon it if they so desire, or if I want to market it like I did with myspace. Myspace was nice because I had over 30 followers but then I started having issues with myspace in my personal like. Daylan wasn't involved in any of that. While having that many followers (there could have been more, but they weren't subscribed) was nice, it was kind of trapping.

It isn't like I have anything to hide. If that were the case, I could create a separate blog for my "personal life". I just think that I want to be able to find my groove again, both in writing and in life, without being scrutinized. I don't write as often as I did and I do plan on changing it. I plan on a few small changes but nothing too big. I am partly afraid that the people who don't need to be reading my blog will in fact do so. There are things that certain people don't have the right to know.

I think part of it is because I have noticed a decline in my writing abilities. People use to tell me that they could envision everything that I wrote as if they were living it themselves. They use to say that my diary entries should be a book. I need to really go back to my roots and figure out how I was able to do that. That means I need to work on my grammar, my thesis, my adjectives (which means I need to grab my thesaurus again) and work on writing in those funny puns.  I also need to work on my mix of random topics and my real life stories. I got side-tracked towards the end of my writing and random topics became the only thing I would write about. Most of all, I need to stop starting sentences with "I".

The decision of what to do with my blog may ultimately be decided with how I can improve my skills and how I can shape this blog. Maybe this will be just for me. Maybe I will advertise it. One will never know because I don't know. We will see. Maybe my two followers will turn into thirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment