Monday, April 4, 2011

Bring on the distractions to prevent me from being homicidal

The evening didn't turn out how I had thought it would. I finally snapped (again) when Daylan started to play on his xbox again. I work 40 hours a week, so you would think that whenever he is home without me that he would just go ahead and get it out of his system then and spend time with me when I am home. Instead he plays when I am at home. I just sit in bed on facebook because clearly I'm not going to get any interaction from him. He already played twice today, or was it three times, before I flipped out.

Marcus sent a text and I sent one back saying Daylan was grounded. I did laugh about it at first because I thought it was funny that I sent it to begin with but then I stood in front of the tv. When he started to get irritated with me that I was in the way, I turned the tv off. He turned it back on and I threw the remote. It didn't hit the tv but at that point in time, it wouldn't have mattered if it did. It ended up just hitting the PS3, which he never uses. I was actually aiming for his xbox 360 which is his pride and joy. That stupid box is his true love. He jumps on whenever Marcus wants to play so the 360 is his wife, Marcus is his mistress and I am simply the bed warmer. He wonders why I never want to have sex anymore. Well, actually there are a lot of reason why I don't want to have sex anymore but him wanting to play online with Marcus rather than spending time with me surely doesn't get the juices flowing. He didn't even want to watch a cool music video with me when I asked him to. It wouldn't have killed him to sit with me for three minutes to watch what I asked him to watch. Not even a few minutes later, he runs back into the living room to log on and play with Marcus.

What I do know is that I debunked my theory that my aim is impeccable when I am mad. Normally I hit my target no matter how far away it is. My arm is lethal but I actually missed tonight. I missed my intended target.

Needless to say, that was an hour ago and he just came in the bedroom. I didn't look up from the computer screen and he didn't look at me. He took his cell phone charger to the living room so he could sleep on the couch. Had he tried to get into bed or tell me to move to the other side, I would have told him he could sleep on the fucking couch. Apparently he read my mind when I threw the remote.

Now I am just trying to distract myself so I can calm down and go to sleep. I ended up watching the video again. It's Katy Perry's music video for "E.T." Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Sd5c4o9UM I think it is amazing. I've always liked Katy Perry and thought she was beautiful. She does a modern spin of a 50's pin-up girl (as a lot of artists have, such as Christina Aguilera-whom I also like) and looks beautiful. She makes me jealous. In this video, she also makes "weird" look hot. The music reminds me a lot of taTu which is a Russian duo, but I loved the sound anyway. The video was just amazing. The special effects were realistic. The movement and gestures were so fluid. The makeup obviously was phenomenal. It made me want to get back into doing what I do because these three looks obviously are my style. It's what I am most comfortable doing.

This is the second alien look. She seems to wear this one the longest in the video.
A close up on the second look so you can see the details on the forehead.

The look on the left is my favorite. It's the third one she used. The look on the right is her first look. Dude the hair is so wicked!!!



I want to do replications for all three of these looks, but I'm not sure how I will do the detailing on the forehead from look number two. That is my only reservation. I can do everything else. From what I read, each look took about five to six hours and that is completely believable. Some of the looks I've done have taken me two hours. Here is a tutorial that Amber Nicole sent to me. It's a tutorial on how to do the third look but I don't have two wigs. It's much more simple than the video, but it still looks phenomenal. It's supposed to be more like deer spots than squares but oh well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEwPlcW8JqY&feature=feedu This one is better.This one was better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XMvVSS56pQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7i532FVq8s Here is another tutorial for the second makeup look. The lighting is horrible so it's hard to see exactly what she is doing but her finished look looked more like Katy's then the others so I am posting this one. This one works as well. The lighting is far better so you can see exactly what was done to get Katy's look. Of course no one is matching up to the expertise of Katy's professional makeup artist, so it doesn't give me any hope that I will even make it look presentable, but it won't stop me from trying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueT40Fmuldw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8adiXWAahs&feature=watch_response Technically I don't need a tutorial on how to do the very first makeup look Katy does, but I figured I might as well not be biased and just post one so others could see exactly how it was done.  The main reason I love this look so much is this was the only look that moved. It was originally larger on her face but when she transformed from her alien being into her more human-esque being, the design shrunk. She transforms a lot and this is where the other makeup looks came from.

Sorry about all the links. I threw them in there haphazardly because I didn't want all the links to be bunched up together.

I also found a new look I want to do to my hair. I've been itching to bleach it and put a wild color in it again. It's been almost three years. It's the part of me that want to be younger, sexier and edgier again because of pictures I've seen of Azrael Adore and Dawn Avril. I was watching some Avril Lavigne videos, mostly  because her single "What The Hell" was stuck in my head and I noticed her hair. I don't like her as a bleach blonde, and never have, but this time I really loved her hair. So now I want to do this look:



This second picture proves that she can make this look glam. The first photo isn't be best but others had shown pink on the underside of her hair, which I don't want. Normally I don't like asymmetrical looks but I think it's cute. Another thing I like about it is the pink peaks out of her hair color and pretty much is just her face framing layer/bangs. It's not all on top since there clearly are some blonde covering it. Now obviously I could do pink again. Maybe purple again as well. I have been having dreams of pink hair lately. I can always just alternate between manic panic shades.

Ok, so now (two hours later) it is almost 2am so I really should take a sleeping pill and knock my butt out. Hopefully Daylan still wakes me up at 8:30 or 9am. I will seriously kick his ass till it breaks if he doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment