Saturday, April 23, 2011

We may be getting a roommate

I wasn't supposed to be working a double today, but the manager asked if I would mind picking up the shift. I figured I made $53 this morning (which is the second morning shift since I started a month and a half ago where I made more than $30), so why not? I was sitting outside with Autumn as she was smoking a cigarette when one of the servers came up to us in tears. She was having issues with her parents. She's 21. I felt so horrible for her because I remembered exactly what it was like living with my mom. Everything she said just reminded me of my mom. I felt horrible, and I decided that I wanted to talk to Daylan about the idea of having this girl move in with us.

I guess what started it was that she was drinking a beer and her dad got on to her. He noticed the button to her pants was broken and assumed that a man had broken it off. She says that he is tired of her whoring around and asked her why she didn't get home until after midnight. He didn't even bother looking at her clock in sheet and said "This can end one of two ways. Either you move out or I break your teeth in". She was wiping tears away as she told us this. I guess her parents think that because she is living there free of charge that she isn't allowed to close and she isn't allowed to leave the house unless she is at work.

Daylan and I agreed that IF she decides to move in with us, that there will be only a few rules: no having friends over all the time or at all hours of the night, don't keep us up late, replace what you use, clean up after yourself/help with dishes and pay $150 a month. That would cover the cable/internet. If she wants anything specific to eat, she can pay for that herself. We don't care if she has friends over, but we rarely have people at our house. Who cares if she goes out? She can work two jobs, I don't care. As long as she pays her $150, doesn't make a mess or steal, who cares where she goes or what she does.

If she does move in, I won't have to worry about finding rides to or from work. That could always be an advantage. I just hope she doesn't mind the living arrangement. The only door, inside the house, is to the bathroom. Her room isn't big, and there are a wall of blinds. The bathroom is small. Perhaps it will be what she needs to just save her stuff up and have the money to get her own place. I'm sure she will be at work tomorrow and I can ask her. I wonder if I will be able to be patient enough or if I'll just call up at the store and ask her. For some reason, I am excited about asking her. Even if she says no, I'm excited to give her the option to say no.

Still, extra money is extra money. Well, technically it would be extra money for Daylan but hey :) I just want to be able to do something good for her. It was the first though I had when she was crying to us. I haven't said anything to her yet because I didn't want to get her hopes up and then have Daylan say no. "Did you really think I would say no?" I was so happy when Daylan said that. We were talking about one of his co-workers moving in last summer, even though we knew it would be a bad idea, because he was having issues with his parents (Thank god it didn't happen). I didn't think he'd have an issue with it, but he's made it clear that if her parents come to our door to start shit, he will pull a gun on them.

Hey, whatever.

2 comments:

  1. you are such a good person for trying to help out a girl in need :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She never really responded. All she said was that her parents were sitting in her table section so I guess that means they are talking again. I mean I'd rather live somewhere for free and not pay bills rather than pay one bill, you know?

    ReplyDelete