Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fruit of my labor

I got my butt kicked at work today during both shifts. Seriously kicked. There weren't many moments when I wasn't busy. To top it off, I had a 12 top during the first shift. If I didn't grat them, I wouldn't have made any money. At least I got $20 with the grat. I also had a four top that Sarah, the manager, discounted completely because it was a previous employee and it was a birthday. I didn't know that, but they still tipped me $20 for the four of them. That rocked my socks off. If it weren't for them, and the grat, I would have left with $60 for a double and I would have been furious.

The second shift was busier than the first. Most of my tables had alcohol. Due to popular belief, alcohol sales decrease my tips. It takes so long to make each drink and there are often many who are in front of me so it takes a while for me to get the drinks to my tables. Because of that, my tips typically suck. In a sense, I don't blame them, but it isn't like I am slacking. I'm just hoping to NOT make multiple trips and just bring everything at once.

Either way, I made $103 (or was it $109?). Since I started working there, three weeks ago, I've made $903 in tips. Of course I spent $30 on the two primers I bought but still. I work a double tomorrow so I am hoping to walk out with another hundred which would put me at a grand in tips, not to mention my paycheck. We are going to put it in Daylan's account so that he can transfer it to my account. I can get my phone turned back on and get the car payments going again. I trust my money in a bank. It's not that I don't trust it in the house because Daylan won't touch it, but you never know. Someone could break in and then I'd be down a grand.

I'm still undecided if I am going to continue to pick up shifts at work. I'm working quite a few nights so the shifts I pick up would have to be morning shifts, and those typically aren't worth coming in. Yes, it's thirty dollars more than I had coming in, but I've just been frustrated with the process. Since my last post, things have been improving. I've been leaving with at least $50 which is an average shift there. It's still sad that $50 is average for a shift.

I literally have sore from head to toe. If I had something other than a standard tub, I would have been soaking in it. I don't so I won't even both trying to indulge myself. What I really wanted was to rescue some beers out of the prison that would have been my fridge but I can't indulge in that either. This job makes me want to drink more. Oh well. I can't play a hero tonight.

It is 1:30am and I have to sleep. My alarm is set for 9. It gives me time to cruise on facebook, eat and get my makeup on. I have to be more rested tonight than I was last night. One more double and then I get to enjoy the one day off I get each week. Yay for Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment