Thursday, April 7, 2011

I need more books like this.

I've been reading this book off an on for about two weeks and I find it to be fascinating. It's Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Daylan's cousin didn't like it so she gave it to me. I don't read as often as I should, but I bring it to work so I have something to read when I am on break. Having read The Secret by Rhonda Brynes and loving it, it's not a huge shocker that this book is sucking me in as well.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but for those who have no idea what I am talking about, here is a brief synopsis. Liz had a house, a good job and a husband but she was a control freak who was having a bunch of panic attacks. Essentially she was in a deep depression. There were lots of little reasons why she wasn't happy in her marriage and she ultimately was wanting to find God (for the first time in her life). She ended her marriage, which didn't go so well, and wrapped herself up in a guy (during the divorce) where it was an on again, off again thing. She ends up spending a year abroad; four months in Italy for pleasure, four months in India for devotion/meditation and a four months in Indonesia for balance. Oddly enough, the whole section about meditation was the most interesting part of the whole book.

Books like this seem to calm me down. Maybe that is why I seem to be in a good mood at work. People tell me I am so sweet and always so happy, but deep down I have wondered why I haven't lost my temper yet. I have a problem with my temper. My fuse is always so short. I wonder if the reason why I just don't care (which ultimately has me in a peppy state of mind and snap at someone) is because I hadn't worked in a year, because of the book I am reading, because I am OUT of the house and actually talking to real people (since I pretty much was holed up in this house for 10 months with no one to talk to but people on Facebook) or because I am getting older. Maybe it's a combination of the four. Whatever it is, it's working for me. It's not helping me get higher tips, but it's helping me.

Tips are still touch and go here. I didn't make crap today but all my tables were tipping me well tonight (even though I messed up an entire order). My mood didn't change all day. It's a mystery to me. I don't know how this whole thing works. I don't understand how some people can be really cheap and others clearly aren't. If I didn't buy ties from my job and buy lunch, I would have came home with $75 for a double. Is it sad that the highlight of my day was buying two ties for work for $5? It made me deliriously happy. Maybe it's the couponer in me because a tie at Ross would go for $9 for a single solid colored tie and I bought two for $5 through the restaurant. Hey, I'm all for a good deal.

I need to find a book about couponing :). I still have yet to get a 95% savings or get products for free. I also don't have the time, the space or the newspaper inserts to be doing all of this. Still, a book would help. Instead, I'll re-watch Extreme Couponing again as I go to sleep. I'm exhausted, but I'm hoping that either I dream about awesome deals, or I learn something in my sleep....almost like "osmosis". LOL. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment