Thursday, April 14, 2011

Discretion is advised...and recommended

Facebook is the cause of a lot of bad things in this world. While I partake in the whole status update thing, I don't feel the need to air my dirty laundry or post my every move. "I'm about to take a shower". "Man, I'm out of toilet paper, do I shake?" " Where does belly button lint come from?" These are not the kinds of things that I want to be reading. It's funny but I really don't want to read about such issues that they are having. I also don't want to read about how their boyfriend was so drunk that he made out with his friend's girlfriend, how you just got in a fight with your best friend, how woke up to your period or how bad your "silent but deadly" fart smelled.  Not everything is worth being said. I will post random things and I will post something funny but you will rarely see me post anything really personal in my life. I rarely post about Gabriel or Daylan. I usually don't go into rants about a certain topic. I will post something for a discussion. I also don't like having fights where people can see it. It drives me crazy when people will use my posts or my wall as the location for their epic battle.


Yes, this is funny but this is just an example of how nothing seems to be private anymore. I would have just deleted the first comment the guy made and called it a day. Their stupidity is my entertainment, but I really don't think a fight over their sexual history is something that needs to be posted all over facebook. The fact that they are probably seventeen year olds really is besides the point. Facebook really just needs an "I Don't Care" button.

No comments:

Post a Comment