Friday, April 8, 2011

Minor accomplishments

So I finally was able to do a makeup look the other day. I didn't spend five or six hours on it like the professionals did, but I did spend two hours on it. It wasn't all that bad considering I didn't have professional makeup products, brushes or software to make me look like Katy Perry. With all things considered, I think I did a bang up job.

I couldn't use my white face paint so I just used my normal foundation. I just had to photoshop my skin to be a whiter color, which gave the photo a weird and fake quality to it, but you do what you gotta do, right? Also, had I had paints and stencils, I could have made the look more like it should have. Either way, I am proud of how it looks. The first photo is the only one I've edited so far. The rest are straight out of the camera. Eventually I will edit them.

Katy Perry on the left and myself on the right.



I plan on editing something cool in my palm, like a light or something since I am supposed to be an alien. Don't aliens have magical powers?

This look was my least favorite out of the three that she did, but it was the one that I wanted to do first. It was supposed to be the most intricate and I wanted to prove that I could, in fact, do it with cheaper stuff. I did extend the blue and pink more across my cheeks, but they are there on her face. I just didn't pay attention to proportion. And I must admit, I think my lips look so much better than hers. Just saying.

I also went to Walgreens today. Daylan didn't want me to go. "You don't need any of it!" In fact, I would disagree. I'd much rather have a "stock pile" of stuff that I know I would use (at a good price) so I can already have it. What happens if one of us loses their job? I've already been on that train and I got off. I don't want to be there again. I'd much rather have the stuff I need, right now, then to worry about it later. You never know!



Two transactions at Walgreens. Spent: $63.25 and saved $90.19. I saved 70% of my total. I saved more than I spent (and more than I ever have before!)

My first transaction was everything that had register rewards points, so I used them all (but I miscalculated so I still have a $2RR.) The second transaction was everything with my RR.

**EVERYTHING I BOUGHT I WILL USE. I DON'T JUST BUY BRANDS I DON'T EVER PLAN ON USING. 75% OF THIS WAS ALREADY ON SALE. THE OTHER 25% HAD RR ON THEM. I HAD COUPONS FOR EVERYTHING IN THIS PHOTO.

~The pads and tampons were on sale for $6.99 with a $2RR on each. I had two $2 coupons and two $1 coupons.
~The cokes were 2 for $3 I had two coupons for the cokes which made them $.25 a piece.
~Pantene was two for $7 with RR and I had a $2 coupon.
~The razor was $9.99 but I had a $5 coupon. I spent $4.99 on the razor and got $4RR.
~Oil of Olay body was was B1G1 50% off, and I had a $2 coupon. It was on sale for $4.99.
~ I had special coupons for all of Daylan's body washes and deodorants. BOGOs and $1 off stuff. That's why he has five body washes and two things of deodorant.
~$3 off of Secret Clinical, $2 off Secret Minerals, $1 off the body spray and they were on a special. The clinical and the spray were B1G1 50% off.
~$5.99 the box of tide and I had a $1 coupon.
~$3.99 for the Tide Stain Release with $1 coupon.
~Downy Fabric Softener was on sale for $3.99 with a $1 coupon
~ The Aleve was $6.79 but I had two $2 off internet coupons and two $3 store coupons so each bottle was $1.79.
~The SOS was the only thing I paid full price for.

It's still not a 95% savings and it still isn't spending $9 but it's getting better. Most of those coupons I got in Sunday's paper. I doubt this paper will have as many coupons that I will use, but you never know. Of course I wouldn't have saved as much if I did one single transaction. I had a cashier (and assistant manager) that were dealing with just myself. Everyone else was in the front cashing out. No, I wasn't in trouble. I was helping the cashier get points because I happened to get a lot of items from three particular isles. It didn't benefit me but I figured why not let it benefit her? They were patient with me. They let me do the first transaction so I could use all the register reward coupons for the second transaction. Because of that, I saved much more. Maybe I should have kept track of exactly how much. When I was doing this online, it was about $17 in RR. I'm assuming that it was the same as it was happening.

Not bad since I am still a beginner. At least Daylan won't stink LOL! He has five bottles of body wash and two new sticks of deodorant. Besides, right now he is passed out. I gave him one of my sleeping pills two hours ago and he's been snoring a lot since. He works 6am-2 and 7pm-1am. He needs his sleep so while he is sleeping, I'm updating my stuff.

I should follow his lead. It's 12:30 am. I finally got out of the habit of not being up till 3 or 4am so I should take a sleeping pill. I do have to wake up around around 8:30 for my double at work. I hope I make more money than I've been making lately. So to all, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment