Thursday, July 14, 2011

I started a petition

http://www.change.org/petitions/deny-the-rights-to-protests-at-funerals

This is the link you should click to sign a petition I started. I don't know if it will do any good, but I am hoping that maybe this is going to be the start needed to get Westboro to quit doing what they are doing. A family in Niceville has died. Almost an entire family died in a plane crash leaving the oldest, a sixteen year old, alone. Seven members of her family has died. Westboro is coming to MY hometown tomorrow to picket the funeral at 1pm because seven is some sort of important number. God made the plane crash to teach everyone a lesson. Really? This makes my blood boil! I don't care if my petition only gets 10 signatures as long as other petitions are started and actually make it to where these, or any other, people are not allowed to do this anymore. Screw the first amendment. They can protest anywhere EXCEPT where the funeral is being held!

2 comments:

  1. I signed it, but I'm not sure that it will do anything. A petition already went before the Supreme Court a few months ago to prevent them from protesting at military funerals, but those low-lifes are protected under the 1st Amendment....it's absolute horseshit if you ask me. I hate them all with an undying passion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there there are tons of petitions, but eventually one has to get enough signatures to start to fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete