Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm tired of being tired

My schedule change finally came in, but it's not quite how I wanted it. They still have me working three doubles and rather than working Friday morning, like I asked, I am working Friday night. I'm still a double on Sunday. Maybe if I say something that will all change. All I can hope for is that my single shifts will be in a "closing" section so I can benefit the most from it. I mean that was the whole reason for this. We have enough servers now to where my wanting less doubles shouldn't be a problem. Either they just don't care what I want or they really like me and want me in the restaurant. Regardless of their reasoning behind not completely following through with my change of availability, I still had reasons for doing it. I wanted to make more money  on ONE single shift since working doubles isn't paying out. Well, that and so I wouldn't be so damn tired.

I am working on my sleep habits again, but working these doubles aren't helping. I am wanting to be asleep by midnight but so far I am just happy to be asleep by 1am. I am taking 3mg of Melatonin again and so far it's working. I'm also reading Gone With The Wind. I tend to fall asleep if I read in bed, no matter how awesome the book is. I just started so I can't report on the book. It just seems that if I wake up by 8am, I am still tired. I end up going back to sleep till my next alarm goes off at 9:30am. I can't sleep past that point because I have to get ready for work. Yesterday I slept 9hrs and woke up at 10:30 since it was my day off (and my phone conveniently died). I'm still tired. If I sleep 8 hours, I am tired. If I sleep 10 hours I am exhausted. If I sleep 5-6....yeah I'm barely functioning. Do I literally have to sleep an entire day just to get caught up? I'm just a waitress, it's not like I am being abusive to myself.

My day off really wasn't that productive. I mean we went to his dad and step-mom's house to do laundry and that took quite a few hours. I had three loads (white, dark and color) but the whites always take forever with that washing machine (Oh, the tip I got that peroxide would take out the tray and ink marks on my shirt was false). I tried to take a nap while I was there, but Daylan was his annoying self the whole time and would bother me every ten minutes on the dot. I did manage to clip more coupons and organize them. I just didn't feel like organizing my coupon book and taking out the expired ones. We didn't even stay the whole time because his step-mom came home and then neighbors came over to talk about how someone called the authorities on their dog (I guess the dog was barking a lot last night). One, I don't like his step-mother. Two, I don't know these people so why would I stay in a house that isn't mine? We took the clothes that was still damp out of the dryer, because I TOLD Daylan we were leaving, and left to go home.

We also went grocery shopping which wasn't that fulfilling. We are trying HEB again since it is supposed to be cheaper but they don't have a lot of sales. I saved $20 with coupons but I'm so use to the sales at Albertson's so my receipt really wasn't that phenomenal. I know it's the sales paired with my coupons that gives me the high savings amount. It's the same amount of coupons I use for Albertson's but that store is more expensive. I think I want to try Walmart next. I don't know. Both typically don't do store sales. They are supposed to be "rock bottom" stores.

Other than that, we watched the first Harry Potter movie. With the final movie coming out in a few days, I want to do a recap on the previous movies. I haven't read the books so I don't know all the fine details but we do own the movies. I want to know what is going on before I watch the final one. I know the only one I really should watch are the last two but I want to get the whole storyline down before this final movie. I can't believe it's ending.

With my day off being as lax as it was, I didn't even do any ironing, how is it that I am still tired? I was asleep probably by 12:30am and my alarm went off at 8. That isn't horribly by any means. I even slept in yesterday but I could easily go back to sleep now. I would have went to sleep yesterday if Daylan wasn't being such an immature idiot (to which he responds that just because I am a sour puss doesn't mean he has to be one, to which I told him to either bother the dog or bother himself because I want him to leave me alone), he wouldn't stop poking me. He is about to be 25 in two weeks. He needs to act his age and stop acting like he is 12. It's been beyond annoying the past few months. Yes, it's funny periodically but when I tell him to stop, he needs to stop. He wonders why I always hit him, hard, on the shoulder. It's better than hitting him in the face because he won't listen to me.

Alas, it's almost 9 and I need to hop in the shower really quick so I can get ready for work. I still have to find my uniform somewhere in the hamper, iron it, put makeup on and eat breakfast. Geez I am glad I am a single shift today.

No comments:

Post a Comment