Friday, July 22, 2011

One day I can finally buy all the baby stuff I've been eyeing.

I got really antsy and excited for some reason tonight. We were watching I Am Number Four and I wasn't this hyped up during the movie. For some reason I just had to leave the house. I figured Walmart would be my best bet because I could wander around the store for as long as necessary without worrying about it closing.

I did walk everywhere but where did I end up without realizing it? The baby section. How long was I there? An hour. I glanced at everything else in the store and came to the conclusion that I will try to shop at Walmart for a bit to see if the savings are any better here. Normally I only buy stuff from Walgreens when it's on sale or they have register rewards for them, but I will give Walmart a try since I've noticed that things generally are cheaper here. Back to the point of this particular blog.

I'm walking around the baby section. I don't even realize I am taking pictures of certain things till my phone froze and I had to restart it. In my head I was taking pictures to add to my baby want list on Amazon. I just didn't realize that was what I was doing. I suppose I am not surprised. I've been thinking about babies for a year or so. It's been a constant thing since Gabriel was born but this past year it's been heating up to a fever. I'm just not ready to buy all the things required. I would have to start from scratch.

In a previous blog, I listed all the things needed when it came to having a baby. The baby list It's a pretty extensive list. Babies need so much more stuff than adults do. Of course the stuff I like best are the more expensive stuff, but it's also because I know it won't fall apart as easily. You might as well buy stuff that is safe and that lasts. You never know when I may want to have a third child and will need all that stuff again.

I still feel that I will start getting small stuff for a baby whenever I move back to Florida. Bottles, blankets, whatever will curb this hunger inside of me. You always have to start small when it comes to planning to afford a baby. It's whatever you can get whenever you can. Besides, you never know if you will be able to have a baby shower. It's best to not rely on it but it's nice to have one regardless. Besides, we still have to worry about a wedding and finding a house. We still want to look through foreclosure listings whenever we are ready, so it will be easier to just get baby stuff as I go. I won't have any "surprises" since I can't get pregnant till I take my IUD out.

I want so badly to find out that I am pregnant, but I know myself. I'd still worry throughout about finances and having things I need. I'd worry about when I could go back to work, who would watch the baby etc. Still, it would be a joy to know that I am at least a little prepared whenever the stick says "positive".

No comments:

Post a Comment