Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm so unmotivated when I am groggy

Waking up from taking a sleeping pill was a pretty good reminder. I forgot how groggy I can be when I wake up from it. I woke up on my own, but it felt like I was jolted awake. I could have easily gone back to sleep, but I was already asleep for nine hours. Any longer and I would have been groggy from too much sleep, which has been my norm lately. I don't know why I've been sleeping, naturally, ten to twelve hours a night. I know it's excessive but any less means I'm napping in the afternoon. At least the pills taste good. I've always been good about taking pills without water, but this is easier because it has a sweet coating to it. I just took one now so I won't be so groggy when I wake up in nine hours.

Today was pretty uneventful. There were things that I wanted to do or get accomplished but it took a while for the after effects of the sleeping pill (just one horse pill) to wear off. Taking a walk just didn't seem to happen, and neither did the cleaning I wanted to do. I did watch two movies from my childhood while I ironed the rest of Daylan's work clothes. Cool World and Neverending Story 2 aren't as good as I remembered. Apparently my taste in movies were horrible. LOL. I didn't remember Brad Pitt being in Cool World. It's always a nice treat for me. The added bonus was that he sounded like Leonardo DiCaprio with the 50's ganster accent. Both movies was a pleasant trip down memory lane despite how mediocre they were.

I did manage to find some more printable coupons so Daylan says we are going to go to his grandparents office tomorrow afternoon to print them. He says they have economy sized printers there so hopefully I can get that done within twenty minutes as opposed to the 2.5hrs it took on his father's dinosaur of a computer. We are going to do that after we have lunch at Subway.

Something else I did, before I got dinner started, was to prepare stuff in the morning. Usually I can do what I need to without forgetting something, but it's been ten months since I've had to get ready for something work related. I got my oatmeal prepared with the jar of apple sauce behind it (it will be apple cinnamon), a cup of ready made coffee ready with it, green tea to bring with me, clothes set up, a note to bring baby carrots to snack on and paperwork in my purse. I already took a shower and washed my hair so I wouldn't be rushed. It will give me an hour and fifteen minutes to get ready and hopefully still keep relaxed in the process. It will also give me time to wake up and kick the after effects of the sleeping pill.

Oh, I usually don't post what I make for dinner, but there is no harm in doing so periodically.

Sweet and Sour Pork



This is a prettier version of a dish I already made. I have been posting pictures of the food I cook for several reasons. It is my version of a humble brag, it shows people that I am capable of doing dishes that are inspirational (for someone who is NOT known for cooking) and it helps me to pick a favorite dish to cook for company.

Anyway, this is Sweet and Sour Pork. The sauce was made on the side with white vinegar,cornstarch, water, sugar, soy sauce, ketchup and habenero sauce. The pork was cooked first, then separated. The vegetables cooked to soften. I added carrots to the dish. It called for a colored pepper and onions, so I just used red for each and did the portions by what I felt was necessary. I didn't have tomatoes so I left it out but once the vegetables were softened, I put in the sauce and let it thicken. I added the pork and pineapple chunks at the very end. Once again, I made too much sauce. I just served it with asparagus boiled in water seasoned with pepper and garlic powder. This is definitely a "do-again" dish.

Well, this is where I am going to end it. Daylan is playing a computer game in the other side of the house and I think my sleeping pill is kicking in early. I'm all lotioned up, combed and now I'll go ahead and try to pass out. Reading will just have to wait another night. Maybe tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment