Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Printer joys!

I really am so happy that Daylan bought a new printer. I had been thinking about getting the kodak printers since they always advertise the lowest cost for printer ink, so I finally got him to cave. We bought the Kodak ESP7250. There was another printer on sale for $40 less, but the ink was higher. The ink for the printer we bought was $30 for both color and black and white. The printer itself was at Best Buy for $130. Yes, the other printer was cheaper, but in the long run we will be saving more money the route we went.



Since I can print coupons from home now, I don't have to worry about much. I'd have to email Daylan links and hope that the campaign didn't expire or that it didn't reach it's print limit. I can print them as I see them, which is so great. We are even shopping at Walgreens for everything non-grocery so I can use all my other coupons. It's so awesome!

Here are some pictures with just basics. I don't know where all the receipts are, so this is just based on memory.






Ducolax was $6.99 and I had two $4 off coupons, the crest white strips were $53.99 and I had a $10 store coupon and a $10 manufacturer coupon, the bars of soap were on clearance for $.50 each, the hair color was $2.99 each with store coupons, the Mr. Clean Scrubber was $2.39ish with a $.75 coupon, the soap was $5.99, pens were a dollar. I don't now about the toothpaste or toiler scrubber. Daylan grabbed those. I do know I pretty much paid for the rembrant and the white strips, the rest was free with coupons and register reward coupons from a previous visit.






This was my trip to Walgreens today. I had rain checks from the past few weeks and was finally able to get them. The cereal was on sale for $1.99 (when I got the rain check), and I had a coupon $1.50 off two boxes. The fabric softener was on sale for $2.99 and I had two $1 off coupons. The vitamins were BOGO but I had a problem here. They were $6.99 but the lady didn't write that down. Instead I paid $10.99 but it was a bogo item. I also had two $1 off coupons. The energy shots were 2 for $5. We also got a free $10 gift card because we signed up to have the local paper delivered to the house. Wednesdays and Sundays are the coupon days and the rest of the week would be sent to us. It costs $12 a month for a paper delivered everyday. With the $10 gift card, the coupons and the register reward coupons, we paid $10.50 and saved something like $33. 





This wasn't as good of a week at Albertson's. The only coupon I could use was a $2 off coupon on Silk milk, so the milk was $1. The fruits were bogo. We still saved about $28 but we still spent about $60ish? We usually save more on the meat but we haven't been buying meat lately. What can I say? It's expensive to get fresh stuff. I don't want to get canned anything or processed anything.







Four movies from a pawn shop for $10. You can't beat that. Coupons are saving us money, and Daylan recognizes it. He seems to be proud of the stuff I do. He brags to people about the wild makeup I do and he brags about the money we save with my coupons. It's pretty cool. It would hurt if he didn't appreciate the hobbies I have. 


Anyone who hasn't got into couponing really should. Yes you may have to buy stuff you don't need yet, but you will eventually use it. Just don't buy stuff you know you won't ever use. Everything I bought are things I know I will use. It just depends on everyone's needs. My friend Jennifer Porter saves a lot on diapers from shopping online, using codes and coupons. I don't need diapers so I don't have that in my collection of coupons. I am also still learning how things work. Walgreens seems to be a safe bet because you can use both store coupons as well as manufacturer coupons. I also check out the weekly circular online and write everything down. The item, the price, the coupons I have and what has register rewards. I never did that before. By no means am I saving 95% of my receipts, but I am certainly getting there. I could save more if I bought more in bulk, but I don't have the space for it. 


Anyway, I need to go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Its really hard to do couponing in canada because they have so many regulations on everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? There has to be some sort of way around that system.

    ReplyDelete