Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh the things I notice.

Really I should have been posting on what happened when I asked Daylan about the text and the pictures, but all I want to do is talk about work before I pass out. This will be short and brief.

Being a waitress at Cheddars is ok.  It isn't fantastic but it sure as hell could be a lot worse. I still leave a single shift with $50, give or take a few bucks and it's not horrible considering how cheap the food is. This is usually how my nights go. I'll have a three table section and it will be full early in the shift. Once they clear out, I won't get sat again for a while. So I go ahead and bus my tables. I tell the people at the hostess stand that everything in my section is available. Then I'll only get one table at a time. Blah. Towards the end of the night, when they have no more room, they double seat me. Ok, I hate that and normally I would be able to handle it but there is always one or two tables, at the same time, who are missing sides. The problem is that it takes me forever to get my sides. I believe the reason why is because someone else takes the sides that the cooks bring out for me. It's ridiculous. I end up getting screwed by the kitchen, the hostesses and sometimes the other servers. All that means is either I will get stiffed or I will get tipped poorly. Clearly people think it shouldn't bother me because I work for my health.

My goodness, people seem to hate working there. There are rarely people who are there and in a good mood, which makes it hard for me to be in a good mood, so I tend to keep to myself.  Hopefully things change. I am just going to have to suck up to the people at the hostess stand (except the boy; he seats me when he should). I'm keeping my faith up because I know I can be a great waitress. I'm just waiting for things to go in my favor and I'm trying my best to get things how I want it.

Positive thinking all the way. Anyway, good night. I need to be up in seven hours to get ready for my first double. I'm hoping to walk away with $110. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment