Monday, March 28, 2011

I want more time!

I really don't mind picking up shifts. Half the time it pays off and I make a decent amount of money but it does get me out of the house. I just wish I could have two days off. I haven't been able to cook since I started working and I haven't done a new makeup look either. Even couponing is difficult. How is it that even though I have a printer I am missing deals? Because I'm always at work. The dvr fills up. I can't watch my shows and let's not even mention being able to watch the movies I have on que on Netflix. It also takes forever for me to get ironing done. When I get home, I never want to iron because my feet and back hurt. Having some time for me again would be swell, but having more hours in the day would work as well. I wouldn't feel so bad about working so much.

Today was our day off so I spent the first half of it sitting in bed. I was scanning the Walgreen's website to see what was on sale this week and writing it all down. I wrote down what coupons I had, what would have register rewards and how much it would all cost. Daylan just didn't feel like going so it will be done later this week. The second half of the day was spent with my going to a lady's house for a Mary Kay "facial", doing laundry and grocery shopping. I was able to use more coupons, so I did save around $31 all together, but we still spent around $65. We just didn't buy any produce this week.

I told the Mary Kay lady, Molly, that I was familiar with the products because I already owned the starter kit. I also told her that I never bothered to sell any of it. I just used the products on myself. She already knows that I do makeup, so she just felt the need to push the makeup on me. I didn't appreciate it but I knew that she was just trying to earn money. The "facial" is just my putting the products on myself. It's been a while since I used so many things. It was a facial wash, the microderm abrasion, the replenishing liquid, a moisturizer, lip treatments, hand treatments etc. What I did buy was the foundation primer and eyeshadow primer. I've been meaning to buy some so this was as good of a time as any. We did find a foundation that matches my color, which is an improvement because two years ago their lightest shade was too dark, but I still have a whole bottle of Covergirl foundation as well as four foundation samples. I would rather use those first before I look at anything. Their mineral powder didn't really work on me. It looked natural but it looked too natural. If BareMinerals is like this, then I'll just stick to my foundation. All in all, I spent $28 plus tax on the two primers.

Maybe buying the primer will be the kick start I need to get my butt in gear and do some more makeup. I am going to continue to try to pick up two more shifts, but I'm hoping to pick up a shift for Thursday and Saturday. I work on both days, but they are single shifts. Daylan closes both nights, so I might as well work. We will see what I can get. There is always someone looking to give up a shift.

So off to sleep I go. It is 12:35am. It's not as late as I usually stay up, so taking those sleeping pills is doing it's job, but I don't want to be in bed by 9pm either. I do have to be at the restaurant really early because Daylan has a meeting. I want to still have time to eat something and get makeup on.

No comments:

Post a Comment