Thursday, February 17, 2011

Am I going crazy?

Night time is a weird time for me lately. It never seems to matter exactly what mood I am in. The nights will always bring the opposite reaction. I could be chilling at home without a care in the world but the instant I come to bed to surf the internet, IM someone, cruise facebook or edit pictures, I will be the complete opposite. I'll be some sort of a nervous wreck. You wouldn't think so if you were to look at me. If I am upset about something during the day, then I calm down. Well, I am calm till it is time to shut my brain off.

It isn't that I am a night owl. It isn't even entirely because my sleep schedule is out of whack. Maybe it's because my brain is functioning strangely on the cups of green tea I've been drinking for the past week or two. I try to drink it at noon, but sometimes I don't get to till 3pm. There isn't even anything good on tv late at night but sometimes I can't sleep till 3am. I do try to go to sleep around 1am.

Oh, and I seem to sleep 12hrs a day no matter what time I go to sleep. I don't even take naps! I am walking periodically, but I think this is my brain version of trying to medicate itself. The less hours it is "awake" and functional, the less hours it will drive me absolutely bonkers. One would look at me and just think I am lazy. I really am serious when I say I sleep 12hrs a day. I may wake up earlier and watch something in bed and wake up not realizing I fell asleep. Or I'll wake up around 6, be up a while and then sleep later.

Night time really is a weird time for me. Maybe I should take sleeping pills for a week. Perhaps that will get me back on a normal sleep schedule. If nothing else, maybe I can mentally be a normal person at night. Maybe I should get back into reading again, but I have to do it in complete silence. That is a rare occurrence in this house since Daylan is always playing a video game (and cussing at the tv).

Sleeping pills sound about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment