Sunday, February 27, 2011

Making a list and checking it twice...or I could just go with it with a smile

Part of a lesson I learned is to simply block out all negative thoughts and focus on things that make you happy. Once you have rewired your brain, even for the moment, you then focus on things you want, things you want to accomplish, people you want to meet and it is supposed to calm you down.

I sat here in my room. My eyes are closed, my tv show is paused, and all I hear is the fan blowing on me. I tune out the white noise and the sound that is replaced is the inhalation of breath, the exhalation of breath and the warm thud of my heart. My skin tingles as I am cooled, even though I am sitting with a blanket on me. Breathe in, breathe out. What do I want to focus on? I lean my head back till it rests on my padded brown suede headboard. Think. Think. Think. In a split second, my mind's eye fast forwards through images. It stops instantly on one word: happy. There we go. Sometimes it is not always that easy. It isn't always so cut and dry. I am a list-maker and I sort out idea and errands by making numerous lists. I open my eyes slowly, turn on some music and decide that rather than focus on what I can do to make myself happy, I want to think of everything I can in this time span that already makes me happy.

What better than to create a playlist of songs that are currently my favorites. If popping my knuckles didn't hurt me immensely, I'd take a deep breath and pop away. Instead of doing that, I pull up my hair and apply baby petroleum jelly to my lips. I know, it's a bit ludicrous, but it's what I am doing for this. I'm also going to stick to my tried and true thing; lists.

  • Sleeping
  • Texting friends
  • Watching movies or tv shows
  • Walking
  • Taking pictures
  • Reconnecting
  • Hearing my son's laugh
  • Hanging out with my friends
  • Writing
  • Taking pictures
  • Putting makeup on myself
  • Spending money
  • Saving money
  • Visiting new places
  • Meeting new people
  • Facebook
  • Burning cds
  • Having dinner with friends
  • Going to Emerald City
  • Touching animals
  • Relaxing in a comfy bed
  • Grocery shopping
  • Pampering myself
  • Eating food
  • Finding some awesome clothes (which is rare)
  • Getting a new elephant item
  • Holding hands
  • Washing hair color out of my hair
  • Eating raw oysters
  • Baking 
  • Laughing at stupid stuff
  • Hugging my son when he tells me he loves me
  • Sleeping in
  • Getting dressed up
  • Making lists and/or planning things out
  • Getting a massage
  • Playing new games (board or cards)
  • Collecting movies and tv series
  • Buying new bras, underwear or lingerie
  • Hearing Daylan say he loves me
  • Looking at wedding stuff
  • Watching storms/being in storms
  • Documentaries
  • Astronomy
  • Dinosaurs
  • Marine Biology
  • Paranormal activities
  • Topics of mystery such as the Bermuda Triangle and other topics
  • Horror movies, stand-up comedies and dance genre movies
  • Eating healthy
  • Taking hot baths
  • Sitting by an open fire in a fireplace
  • Winning a debate
  • Making someone else laugh
  • Learning something new
  • Opening presents
  • Cashing/depositing paychecks

The only thing you can do in life is sit and concentrate on the things that make you happy. There are more things, but this is what I thought of in a short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment