Friday, February 25, 2011

Bros before hoes and chicks before.... what again?

It always surprises me how things work out and how people work out. I shouldn't be shocked but clearly I was at the news that Daylan gave me. I had warning prior to hearing the news but I really didn't think that it was such a big deal.

It started with the fact that Daylan's best friend, Bryan, IMed me on facebook asking with Daylan was. I told him he was at work so to keep trying to get him. I told him that he never checks his voice mail and he's been keeping is phone charging on the desk for a while now. If he needed to get in touch with him, I'd just text him. I did give him the store number and said that if he didn't respond to just call the store. As long as Daylan knew Bryan was looking for him, he would call back when he was free. Bryan said he needed to speak to him sooner than later but it didn't sound like it was extremely important. I went on with my night.

The reason why he had to get a hold of Daylan was because it was about Heather. Before I tell the story, let me back track. I met Daylan about four years ago. I was still married to Tom and he was with Heather. My marriage had been on the rocks for a while but both relationships deteriorated around the same time. We ended up dating each other soon afterward. We were just waiting on the courts to sign off on the divorce papers. Most of the divorce process had already been completed by the time Tom and I tried again. Daylan and Heather's breakup was a bit harsh and it left Daylan pretty devastated. He called me that night and asked me to come over, so I did. Bryan was dating Ashley, at the time, so Bryan was there for Daylan as well. Bryan's girlfriend was best friends with Heather so Heather would talk to Ashley about the breakup while Daylan had Bryan. I didn't like Heather because for a few reasons, and none of them was because I wanted to be with Daylan. Heather worked with a friend, so I heard different stories than everyone else. She was whiny, didn't want to do anything, was picky, things had to be her way and she raised hell if something wasn't right. I'm not even adding how she treated Daylan because I was biased at the time. Does this sound like a weird soap opera yet? So a few months ago Bryan and Ashley break up and I've heard weird stories from Daylan about it. Anyway Bryan asked Daylan's permission to date Heather, his newly broken up girlfriend's best friend. Daylan says he doesn't care. They haven't been together for years and Daylan respected Bryan for asking. Heather didn't even ask Ashley, who is still upset about the breakup which was only three months ago. Daylan called Ashley to see how she is and apparently Heather told her that this was how it was going to be, so she pretty much threw away the only best friend she had who was willing to put up with all of Heather's bs for her new ex. Ashley is furious and calls Bryan because he never even mentioned it to her and she is pissed. She thinks that he is opening up to Heather, who he rarely said anything nice about when Daylan was with her, when he wouldn't open up to her and they were together three years.

Sigh.

I told Daylan he needs to call them. Heather may not be his responsibility anymore, but he needs to tell her that she is pretty much discarding the only best friend she has. Her loyalty towards Ashley should trump any guy and if it doesn't she should have worded it so much better. He needs to tell Bryan because he doesn't think Bryan knows HOW Heather told Ashley. If he even loved her, and he did, then he should at least care about her feelings. She doesn't have to like it, but she shouldn't be left heartbroken because of how the whole situation is playing out.

So this is what Bryan needed to talk to Daylan about. Do you mind if I date your ex girlfriend from three years ago? What a guy. At least he asked. He knew Daylan shouldn't care, but hey, you never know. If I were Ashley, I don't think I could ever talk to Heather again. When I found out a different Ashley slept with Daylan while saying that Daylan and I should have never broke up, I stopped talking to her. How could I still be friends with a triffling drunk girl who would sleep with my man, in the midst of a breakup, and say "I hope you two get back together again because I miss both of you." Obviously she missed him more. If I were Ashley, I could never look at Heather the same way again, especially with how her delivery was done.

Man, everyone else has so much drama...

No comments:

Post a Comment