Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And the blame goes to......Kristen ::insert applause::

Rather than doing online applications, as I should be doing, Kristen started to talk to me about wedding dresses. She was telling me that she was going to get professionally measured, try on certain dress styles to see if she would like how they would look on her and then would order a dress online and have it custom made. It's exactly what I was wanting to do.

I ended up finding a dress that was perfect for me, but the link went down. I did find a dress very similar to what it was that I wanted and I found almost all the accessories to go with it. So I'll go ahead and post them here because I do not want to lose these links again. I'm still working on trying to copy the images but the sites are being a pain about it.

The wedding dress looks a lot like a french maid style dress but the one I saw was a little more rock and roll than this. The back also had one corset rather than two. Otherwise the dress is almost identical. It's so me since I am a little out of the box with my personality. Rather than do a tiara, I wanted to wear this crown instead. Scroll down to HG0062. Yeah it looks a little cheap, but if I could fine one that looks very similar to that that doesn't look like plastic, then I would get it. I mean how bad ass is that? I haven't seen a lot of women get married in a crown. It's always a tiara with a veil. I do want a veil, but it just would not go with this kind of dress, at all. Until I find something, like a 20's style veil or something, I'll just go without.These rockstar gloves could in fact go with the dress, but it still seems a little off since the dress itself looks a little too much like a french maid, but I do like the concept. These fingerless gloves seem more like what the dress is going for, except they would be black. I like the idea of having gloves but it would be difficult to put rings on my hands unless they are in fact fingerless. I could go with a basic black choker but once again it would look like a french maid, so I am thinking of going this route. This gothic necklace seems to have a Victorian feel, and it could go very well with the dress itself. To me it looks a royal, which is what I am going for; rock star royalty. Since I don't want to appear prissy, how about this ring to go with it? LOL I actually like it.

So many people would think that this is over the top but I've already been married once. Why go the white dress route? Since when do I do what everyone else does? Don't get me wrong, there are so many gorgeous dresses out there that I would like to try on and get pictures taken in, but they aren't MY dress. This seems more like me. I'm sure many people (such as my parents, Daylan grandparents etc) would have a heart attack, but it's not like this dress is really sexy. I mean it is, but I'm not showing anything.

I just haven't decided if I will wear heels or not. Probably not since I am hoping the dress will be long enough to not show my feet and I do plan on having the dress be semi-poofy with a train underneath. Not a long train, but long enough. Since the dress I want is black and white, I guess the bridesmaid's dresses with be dark green. I was wanting to do green and silver but I hadn't decided on a dark green or a mint green. Dark green would go better with my dress. I've been tackling that option for a year now, and it's amazing how I suddenly made the decision without any kind of a headache :)

I was going to go with this hair style, but now that I found the dress I want (and it will have a crown) I guess I may have to find another look. Or perhaps just see if I can alter this look a little. I've never been good with hair styles LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment