Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dream Tracker

More than likely you all have never seen the movie Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I was never a Final Fantasy person. In fact I've never played a single game. Back in 2001, I thought the computer graphics for the movie were outstanding so I bought the movie. Truth be told, I haven't watched the movie in ten years, but one part of the movie has stuck with me. Watch the clip from 2:10 and up to a few seconds afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEp0bU3ZoP8

There is a machine in the movie that records your dreams for you. If memory serves, you were able to watch your dreams as many times as you wished. In the movie, I think that is how the bad guy figured something out about the heroine as far as the planet they were searching on (for the lack of better words). Regardless on if my memory is correct or not, that part of the movie, which reoccurs throughout the movie, made me wish that we were advanced like that to have a machine that would "recover/restore" dreams.

I have so many dreams that are weird, exciting, enlightening that I wish I could keep track of them. I tried to do a dream journal but within a few minutes of being awake, the dream became fuzzy. Stuff that made sense in the dream suddenly didn't make sense and I'd forget the key elements. Only certain factors would stick out, like the fact that last night's dream had a guy that looked remarkably like Nick Davis, a guy I went to high school with. I haven't spoken to him in ten years.

Oh how remarkable it would be if I could go back and watch the dreams I've had whenever I was bored! How amazing it would be! Think of the clarity you could have about yourself. And imagine, I could watch all those dreams I've had about Taylor Lautner (the actor who plays Jacob Black in the Twilight movies) over and over and over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment