Friday, August 19, 2011

My two week goal

Yesterday morning I decided to make a goal for myself. I feel I have enough money to do what I need to do. We may drive both vehicles to Florida, load them up as much as we possibly can, do a car dolly behind the durango and a small trailer behind mine. I should have enough for a security deposit and first month's rent for a place to live. I should even have enough for utilities BUT it isn't a guarantee. Right now I have $1780 and who knows how much in checks. I did just have to make a car payment and storage unit payment.

I'd be able to have more money if I wasn't putting gas in the durango. I never had to do that because we were sharing the vehicles but we have had his dad's vehicle for about a month now. Oh, Daylan added me to his car insurance so I am covered. It was an extra $150 a month while his is $300. He does have full coverage.

Anyway, I wanted extra money for the "just in case" scenario. What if we get a flat? What if gas costs more than we expected? What if, what if, what if. I decided I wanted a goal of making $600 in tips my last two weeks of work. You would think that would be easy right? Not really. I usually make a grand a month. It's not because I'm a bad server, or at least I'd like to think so. People are just cheap. Regardless, I figure it should be easy to do if I give up my Saturday night of freedom (which would be used to iron, pack, look for jobs and apartments) to work.

Well yesterday was a slow day and I still came out with $80 for a double. Today we were pretty busy but the night shift started out slow. With the exception of a couple of tables being really, really cheap on me, I still made $132! It's the most I've ever made at that restaurant---and that's sad LOL. If I didn't get lunch, put $10 in gas in the durango and go to Office Depot, I would have made $140. With that made, I've almost made my goal of $300 in a week. I am another double tomorow so if I can make $80 again, I would have made my goal for the week within a weekend.

Perhaps I should increase my end goal and see if I can push myself harder? Including tomorrow, I have 11 more days of work, and I should be doing three doubles next week. Maybe I should say my goal is $800 within two weeks. Although I didn't add yesterday's amount to my "goal" sheet. I am keeping track of what I make these last few weeks at work. If I make this new goal, I will have $2580 for the trip. Of course Daylan will help a little. He'll be covering gas for the vehicle he will be driving and possibly buy either the trailer or the dolly. That will help immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment