Wednesday, August 17, 2011

If only I could be Mary Poppins and simply snap my fingers...

I feel much better than I was feeling last night, but I still have some residual feelings looming around in general. At least I am not as down and sobbing like yesterday. That was just a rough day. So here have been today's activities.

Dennis looked at an apartment for me. He says it is the same apartment complex that Rob was living at so I am very familiar with it. It's a 2br place that is $550 a month. It has a backyard that I would be sharing and a dishwasher. The washer/dryer hook ups are in the spare bedroom but overall it is a decent sized place. Dennis recommended that over the upstairs unit that doesn't have the yard and barely any extra space. The unit is a little over 800sqft. I think it's 862 if you want to get technical. Now from what he said, there is a good possibility that they will rent to me even though I don't have a job yet (since I am still in Texas). Now I just need a damn job!!

I called the lawyer's office, yet again since no one has bothered to return my phone calls (what is it with these people? The lawyer doesn't return my calls, jobs don't return my calls, apartment complexes don't return my calls), and once again he is busy but I was able to speak to the secretary. I've dealt with her before and while she is nice and pleasant, discussing anything with her is anything but. Here is the general conversation.
Her: what can I help you with?
Me: I called last week and left a message. I called on Monday and left a message and no one called me back so now I am calling again in response to the letter I got in the mail.
Her: I sent a letter last week. Did you get it?
     Did she not just hear what I said?
Me: Yes, I got it last week....which is why I am calling again.
Her: Ok, we already mailed off a response in defense but we will need to have a meeting with you.
Me: Ok, well I am not sure when a physical meeting can occur since I won't be in town till the beginning part of September.
Her: That's fine. How about next week?
     Yeah, because teleportation is obviously a skill that I possess. 
Me: I won't be in the area till the beginning part of September.
Her: So are you on your way with Gabriel to Colorado?
Me: No, like I said in the cover sheet to the fax, I am in TEXAS. Gabriel is still in FLORIDA because I have not got the paperwork for him to leave the state yet. Last year Mr. Campbell wanted me to have paperwork to show the cities side by side to prove that Texas is a safe place but when I drew it up and had printed evidence he said it wasn't needed. He said my best bet was to move back to Florida. Well I finally got a job and put in my two week notice. My last day of work won't be till September 4th.
Her: So next week won't be good?
     She is brilliant, isn't she? It's like she has either a ton of wax in her ears or just a tunnel going from one ear to the other.
Me: No. I won't have an exact date that I will be in the state till later but when I do I will call you.
Her: So how long will you be here on your visit?
     When did I mention visit? I mentioned MOVE.
Me: I'm moving back for however long it takes to get the proper paperwork so that Gabriel can MOVE with me.
Her: Oh, then that is a different story. When would be a good time to call you about a phone meeting.
    NOW we are getting somewhere!
Me: Well I work doubles tomorrow and Friday and I work till 4 or 5 the rest of the week. I just don't know exactly when I will get off.
Her: So can we call you Friday at 4:30?
Me: No because I don't know if I am getting off at 4, 5 or anytime in between.
     Did I NOT just say that???
Her: So when next week will be a good time to call?
Me: I am off Mondays and Wednesdays so you can call anytime on those two days.
Her: Ok, how about Wednesday at 2?
Me: That's fine. I do think I know why Tom is waiting this long to do anything. He just recently got remarried and I believe she wants to legally adopt Gabriel but the only way she can do that is if Tom has my parental rights dissolved. He never tried to file anything for the entire year I have been in Texas.
Her: Well that isn't possible for them to do, if that is the case, unless you roll over and play dead and you clearly won't be doing that.
     Finally, something useful she has to say!
Me: That's the only thing I can think of. Well thank you. I'll call back on Wednesday, the 24th.

Daylan also got word about the Colorado thing. They still are not offering him the GM position, but they want to offer the next step down. He would be the head assistant manager on a trial basis to see how well he could perform and how well the store would be if he were to be in charge. From the sound of it, he would be making exactly what he is making now, maybe a dollar more or two an hour and that is not worth the move. He would actually have to pay rent so he would be making less than he is making now. Now if he can talk them into $13 an hour then he would consider it, especially if Cory decides to be his roommate. Still, as it stands, I told Daylan to say thanks but no thanks. It just isn't worth the hassle. If they do accept his offer, then maybe it will be a possibility. We have to sit down and figure out the finances before we commit to anything. I doubt they would say yes. They didn't say yes to him being a GM even though they flew him up there to begin with.

So this move is getting down to the wire. Now is the time I need to actually start packing and now is when I need to pull an extra shift, such as a Saturday night, to get extra money together for last minute stuff. Geez, well it's 2.5weeks away but still! UGH. I have about $1700 in cash and $500ish in paychecks (I still have on to pick up from work) but I am still worried that it won't be enough money. I really hope I can find a job soon! I am hoping to make close to $300 this week. It will be hard to do, but if I can do that two weeks in a row, it will be $600 plus whatever extra shifts I can pick up. Plus one paycheck, maybe one more before I leave. God, I hope I have enough money! I have to worry about the gas to get back for two vehicles (Daylan would cover one vehicle), the trailer and dolly to be towed behind each, the security and first month rent for an apartment, utilites being turned on...God I hope I have enough! If I can have $3000 between tips and checks then maybe it will do. And man I need a job, pronto!


No comments:

Post a Comment