Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take a sip, turn the page and zzzzzzz

A new nightly tradition may be in the works. Lately I've been looking forward to reading Gone With The Wind in bed (since apparently it's the only place I read it), with a glass of wine. The wine helps me wind down and makes it easier for me to sleep. I don't have to take my sleeping pills as much. Granted it's just Barefoot Moscato but hey this is a big step for me. I only like this and two other kinds of wine. Oh, and it seems as though I've been blogging every night before I go to bed as well.

I was originally trying to watch movies on my laptop in bed, but I found that I wanted to pay attention too much so I could see where I left off on. That just seemed to be counter productive so I opted to not do that anymore. I tried to listen to music, but I noticed that I would wake up whenever the songs changed over or there was a song that I really liked. Sometimes music helps, but it has to be something long and/or continuous like classical or techno. Why techno? Because an entire cd will sound like one long song if it is smooth enough. I love techno remixes (the kind with lyrics) but the effortless transitional kinds of techno go great with me when it comes to going to sleep. I can't detect where one song begins and the other one ends.  I'm just really out of touch with techno. I tried to do the audio book as I slept, since it's Daylan's thing, but I want to pay attention to the story too much. What I have noticed works is if I am reading in bed. For some reason, despite the fact that I love to read, it always makes me drowsy even if the book is phenomenal. Add wine to it, and it seems like the perfect recipe to give me first class tickets to dream land.

Now I'm not saying that this is a bad tradition to keep, but I do find it interesting that I have been doing this. Oh, I added twenty something new songs to my playlist so those of you who don't mute it, you should enjoy some of it.

What does everyone else seem to do right before they go to bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment