Thursday, August 18, 2011

In a frenzy

I know I am blogging a lot but writing helps me organize my mind.

Right now I am in a panic. It's two weeks (well 17 days including today) until my last day at work and the sooner I move to Florida after that, the better. I still have not got a call from a single job so I am coming up with a list of other places to apply at. I still stand by that I want a normal morning job and then a waitressing job during night shifts on the weekend. I still want Mondays and Wednesdays off so I can have appointments on those days, meetings with lawyers and just days to enjoy my son and my friends. I still want an 8-4 job and then a waitressing job on Friday and Saturday nights (when Tom has Gabriel) from 5-close. That way I can guarantee that I won't be broke.

But geez, finding a job is a hassle! Everyone seems to want resumes and I don't have the software to update it on my laptop. Daylan's laptop is still on the fritz. Online applications take an hour because of the stupid personality sections. I always have to lie just a bit. I'm still calling places to have them fax paper applications over to me in hopes that this will help me but I'm drawing blanks.

So far these are the places I still have to call for applications or places I need to do online apps: Buffalo Wild Wings, TGI Fridays, Barnes and Nobles, JC Penny, Sears, Dillards, Bealls (although I don't remember Bealls being busy?), McAllister's, Applebee's, Chili's, Apec Resorts, Comfort Inn (or any kind of hotel), Food Depot, Publix (since I worked there when I was 22).....where else????

No comments:

Post a Comment