Friday, August 12, 2011

Empty boxes

My bedroom is looking like some sort of junkyard. I have so many empty boxes and nothing is in it (clearly which is why it's empty). I know I really should get on the ball when it comes to packing, but what the hell do you pack three weeks ahead of time? Clearly I can't pack a whole hell of a lot but I do plan on going through our movies to see what Daylan wants to take with him and what he wants me to take with me. Obviously the tv seasons and the chick flicks are going with me. We really need to make an inventory of all the movies we have so that if something happens, we know what we have.

Lord know he let enough people borrow movies from us and I don't know if we ever got them back. One of which either just blocked me on FB or deleted her account. I hadn't noticed up until I just wrote something so who know what the hell happened. I do know her and her long time girlfriend of seven years broke up so maybe she thought I was taking sides? I'm 28. Why the hell would I take sides?

I do plan on boxing up my stock pile but I need to go ahead and take out the things I know I will be using like a new thing of deodorant, a box of tampons, a box of pads and the rest can be boxed up. I still have shampoo, conditioner and body was in the bathroom. Clearly some rolls of toilet paper will have to be left out. I'm not about to go and open boxes just because I need toilet paper. Oh, and my books. I could go ahead and do that. I'm only 1/3 of the way into Gone With The Wind and clearly that book is still going to take some time. I will conquer it!

Other than that, what the hell do you box up ahead of time? I suppose I could pick out a few outfits to keep out and pack the rest but I'm still working on washing some and ironing the rest so at least it won't be going in the boxes wrinkled. It's a feat in itself. I'm a slow ironer because I want everything to be perfect but the issue is that it's just going to get wrinkled when I fold or hang it in the closet. I know this and yet I take the time to put the creases in things or try to get it as smooth as possible because it irritates me. I use to never be so anal about this. No, I didn't like wrinkles in my clothes, but I didn't care if stuff was crisp and perfect.

And I suppose that I will be taking the canned foods with me. It's a good thing we don't have a whole lot of room to store food. It's going to amaze me how much lose stuff I have in this house. I already know it. I just hope I have enough tape to get all my boxes together. I don't want to go and buy more.

Oh! I still have YET to get in touch with the people for the two apartments I want to inquire about. I've left three messages now with the addresses and my phone number. I've even said what days, and times I am available. You would think that since I want to rent their apartment out that they would at least call me. And I still have yet to find a job there. Geez. Right now I have $1700 in tips and maybe $500 in paychecks. We get paid again on Monday. Oh, and my lawyer wrote me back so I am assuming I don't owe the jackass another retainer since he didn't do a damn thing last year to earn that money. That is a relief for me and means that the money I have right now will go towards the move, towards a security deposit/first month's rent and whatever I owe on utilities. If all else fails, I'll put everything under Daylan's name and pay what I owe off as I go.

But first.....I will have to pack up this place.

Oh the joy. The rapture. ::gag::

No comments:

Post a Comment