Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What Baby wants, Baby gets.

Well Daylan and I got into a fight last night.

I went to Walmart to get out of the house for a little while and he stayed at home to play video games. While I was walking around, a question popped in my head and I wanted to ask before I forgot it. The following conversation was completely via text while I was walking around trying to find the deals I was looking for (to no avail). It all started when I asked him when we were going to move me to Florida. It was more a specific time in the day than a specific day. It started at 7:49pm.

Me: So when are we going to Florida?
Him: Dunno yet, I still need to request off but I'd like to wait until the 15th.
Me: .........I told you about the fact that I put my two week notice in almost two and a half weeks ago. So you want me to wait almost two weeks later to move? And you still haven't put it in the books?!
Him: I'll wait till you get home since I'm not going to be able to get in word in anyways.
Me: Damn right you won't be able to! Go ask if you can borrow money from your dad and pay him back when you get your check! I told the lawyer my last day of work was the 4th. My last day of work IS the 4th. You want me to sit around the house for two weeks?! I will be getting it from my lawyer and my parents if I am not there when I would I would be. I told you when I put my notice in! (Hell, his dad owes us big time anyway with the headaches we have had to endure and the money we have lost. If you don't remember, here is your reminder courtesy of me.)
Him: I have told Joe already that I'm going to take you back to Florida. The request book hasn't been in the store for two weeks. (How is that my fault? So I have to suffer and sit at the house because the request off book wasn't there for TWO WHOLE WEEKS?)
Me: And it never occurred to you to call or text Joe and see where it was? Really? And have you even tried, for longer than a night, to find a job in Florida or did you stop after that one night? Knowing you, you didn't even continue to look and have been telling everyone that "there aren't any jobs there."
Him: I know where it is. Priscilla has it (Joe's wife. Go figure.)
Me: You didn't think to ask Joe to grab it since she obviously doesn't need it for a full two weeks?
Him: I'm not going to argue with you and I'm not going to be talked to like this.
Me: Oh so you'd rather I sit in the house, unemployed, for two weeks explaining to people in Florida that I can't be there because YOU failed to get the time off required to help me get to Florida? Fuck you! You have know about this! I asked you about this and you said it was ok. I also asked you to find a job in Florida because I do not ever want to come back to San Angelo, ever. There isn't anything here and clearly you will never advance at that damn store. They refuse to pay you your bonus checks for the past year and a half but CLEARLY none of that matters.
Him: I will get time off. I wanted to wait so I would have enough money to go to Florida. (So what has he been doing with his money this past month?)
Me: So borrow money and pay them back when you get your check. I'm sure Grammie will understand.
Him: Since most of my bills are due at the beginning of the month.
Me: And you fucking failed to mention that to me two weeks ago when I put my notice in?!? You told me I had 30 days to find a job in Florida so I picked a date, told you and then told you when I finally put my notice in. Christ you are unreal!
Him: Riiiight. This coming from you. (And if I wasn't already pissed to the point of seeing red, this comment surely would have got me there.)
Me: Hey I have made the effort to get my shit together to leave this god forsaken place when you told me there was a deadline. What have you done other than get screwed by Sonic? Why didn't you tell me before I put in my notice to postpone it because of the bills especially when I have told you the conversations with my dad and with the lawyer. Now I have to say "Whoops! I lied!"
Him: We will go to Florida the weekend after you quit.

That ended at 8:33pm.

Now to some of you that will seem over the top but there are reasons behind why I was so upset. I have a meeting scheduled to meet face-to-face with my lawyer after I move there to discuss how mediation is going to go. I can't just reschedule that again and possibly postpone mediation. That looks bad on me. I was supposed to be back in Florida last September. Then I said I would be there in January. Then I said I would be there in May. I can't keep postponing it. Let's not mention the fact that there has been a lack of communication on Daylan's end. He knew my last day was the beginning of the month.

Another reason I was so upset. Cheddars has been hiring a bunch of new staff and within a week most of them will be on the floor by themselves. Who knows if there will be room for me on the floor plan after the 4th! I would be in the area for two weeks unable to pick up shifts because I'd be an extra begging people to have their sections so they could go home. Had I known about this from the beginning, I would have taken the  two week notice and adjusted the date so that I wouldn't run into this problem. I talked to two of my managers today and they said my continuing to pick up shifts shouldn't be a problem. Neither of them saw any reason as to why that should be a problem, especially since they aren't going to want a ton of new people on the floor at the same time. I may have only been there for five or six months, but I still don't require a lot of attention and it's fairly easy to work with me. I'm going to fail to mention any of that to Daylan. He obviously left vital information out so I am going to make him think that there wasn't any more room for me since I said the 4th was my last day at work. He is oblivious to most things anyway. Maybe next time he will make it a point to not leave important details out since my finances are involved in that too.

Oh, that night I got a letter from my lawyer telling me that my mediation date is September 26th and that if I was unable to make it, it was imperative to call him but that not making that meeting, or postponing it, would be an unwise decision on my part. I agree 100%.

Yes I was mean and yes I let him have it but in the end, he saw my point. I refused to talk to him when I got home and I practically threw the pizza and cookies he had been bugging me for (for the past day) on the counter. He later hugged me and said that I wasn't allowed to text like that when I was away ever again.

All I care about is that I won the argument, got my point across and got my way. As it should be. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment