Friday, August 26, 2011

Someone already came up with the idea in the movie, so now they need to create it.

You wake up in the middle of the night and realize you just had a wicked, vivid dream. You go to the restroom and then stop off in the kitchen for a drink of water. Within those two or three minutes, you have forgotten the dream entirely. You can only remember one or two details about the dream and even that is pushing it because you can't be sure you just made that up or not. In all actuality, dreams are things your brain makes up anyway.

What is it with most dreams you wake up forgetting them but there are always a few that you remember? I still remember the dream I had about my high school classmate creating an R&B group called LULZ and wearing American flag pants. I still remember a dream about Taylor Lautner taking me on a tour of a cruise ship because I won a contest. Is it because I blogged about it? I don't know but I woke up remembering enough of the dream to be able to blog about it.

Once again, I wish we had a dream recorder like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Every dream you have would be recorded. You could wake up and watch whatever you dreamed about on a screen that you could pause, fast forward or rewind as often as you like. It would be so interesting to see what you dream of every night. Maybe we could finally understand why we only remember a handful of the dreams we have. It would be helpful for those who claim to never remember dreams at all.

What use is a dream journal is you don't remember what it is that you are supposed to be writing about?

It's 3am, so now it's time to go back to sleep. I have to be awake in five more hours. I picked up two shifts tomorrow, but even if I had the day off, I'd still have to wake up in five hours. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment